💜 Chapter 4: Lune et Soliel ⭐️

POV: CatNap 💜

Alright... so there's about an hour until my... date??? Errr... IS it a date???? I think DogDay might know what I feel about him...

AHH! DOES he know??? Does he even like me??? I'm nervous...

Okay.. let's just calm down for a second... I have to get ready for the date- UH, I MEAN- ugh, nevermind...

I head to the shower. It's nice to just relax for a bit with some warm water running down your back.

I should probably not take too long though, or else the water will get cold, haha!

...

A few minutes later, I step out of the shower. Feeling nice and fresh, I dry myself off with a purple-blue towel, and step into my closet.

Hmm... what to wear.... I'm feeling.. fancy today.

I found a deep blue bow tie in one of the drawers. It's a little silly looking, but it should do nicely!

I look at myself in the mirror.

It's okay. Nothing to be afraid of.

I hear a knock.

I walk over to the front and open the door.

"Hey Naps! How have you been? He says, as he leans over and hugs me.

Did he just.. h-hug me? I feel butterflies in my stomach....

"Y-Yeah, I'm doing just fine!" I responded to him.

"That bowtie looks great on you CatNap. I love the blue! :)" He complimented me.

"Thanks!" I told him.

"Alright, are you ready to head out?" He asked me.

"Yeah, let's go!" I responded.

We leave my home and start walking to the Critter's Cove.

As we're walking there, DogDay asks "So, after the thing that happened, are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. When I get very nervous or excited, I kinda lose control of the red stuff. It happened every once in a while in PlayTraining. One time, the PT Staff gave me a choice: I could either have a banana, or grapes as a snack. Since I tend to.. overthink a lot, I got so nervous about choosing an option that I uh, gave them some nap time, if you know what I mean, haha!" I responded to him.

"Heh! That's pretty funny." He answered.

"Reminds me of that one time they gave me chocolate ice cream, I felt super sick the next day." DogDay told me.

"Hey, I guess it makes sense. You're the vanilla critter anyways!" I told him.

"I guess you're right.." He responded.

A few minutes later, we get to the Critter's Cove. It's very much in a distant corner of PlayCare, and it's also really, really tiny. There's only about 15 tables in the whole restaurant. Some nice jazz music is playing too.

We sit down at our table.

"So, nice place right?" DogDay asks me.

"Yeah, it's fancy! And um... r-romantic... I guess..." I respond to him.

DogDay instantly starts umm... glowing red. I uh, probably shouldn't have s-said that...

"U-UH yeah-h! It s-sure is!" He tells me.

"So uh- what are you up to this weekend?" I ask him.

"Oh! Um, I'm probably gonna be at the playhouse again. You're uh- free to come if you want! *although, you probably don't...*" He answered me.