Bobby and his fight with his teammate Final Part

Start from the beginning

The news didn't just come to the students, with Logan being the first one to discover their relationship, he didn't care about their privacy, especially after playing footsies during detention. With that, Logan spills the beans to the rest of the teachers.

"Are you serious?" Scott says in disbelief. "Y/N and Bobby are dating?"

"I wish I was kidding..." Logan mutters as he drinks his coffee.

"Well, I definitely didn't expect that." Ororo comments. "To think they actually like each other when we put them off the team."

"Maybe we need to put you and Jean out of the team?" Logan is quick to suggest with a smirk.

"Shut it." Scott snaps at him. He looks back at Ororo. "Anyway, it's been almost 3 months and they more than made up. Should we consider them going back on the team?"

"And instead of trying to freeze and burn each other, they make out with each other. Smart choice. That would raise moral, especially by the girls." Logan then receives a slap from behind his head. "Ouch."

After she slapped Logan, Ororo answers Scott question. "Let's discuss it with Xavier."

-

It's strange when Iceman and the Inferno were summoned to the principal office. After the incident, they barely get into any trouble, except drinking. Knowing that, they brace themselves to get scolded for going to a bar. Once in the office, they see Charles, though he doesn't look mad.

"Sit down, boys."

"Is this about the drinking?" Bobby looks nervous, as he and Y/N sits down. "We promise we don't do that again."

"I wasn't meaning to talk about that. I believe Mr. Howlett sufficed enough punishment." Charles begins to explain why they're here. "Word flew around you two not only ended as friends, but something more."

"Yeah, we've been dating for around 2 weeks." Y/N says as he looks at Bobby. "Surprised?"

"Honestly, a lot." Charles says with a laugh. "I thought it wouldn't end well for the both of you. However, hearing and seeing the good news made to think. Now, this is not a definitive decision, but if you can both prove yourself, you're worthy of being called an X-Men, you're free to rejoin."

"We are!?" Bobby looks surprised, as does his boyfriend.

"Yes, but this is a trial." Charles emphasizes. "Even though I don't expect you two try to beat each other, being in a romantic relationship is hard in these kind of jobs. You have to put your feelings aside in order to work together. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir."

-

Now they're back on the team, Bobby and Y/N are certain to prove themselves to their teachers. Whether it's in the danger room, the meeting room, or anywhere else, the teens got their full attention on the subject. Although things look great, Bobby got reminded with why he and Y/N started fighting, and it's his behavior. Like previously, Y/N makes unnecessary risks and overall does what he likes to, and again, the teachers aren't stopping him, making Bobby irk.

So, after thinking things over, Bobby walks over to his boyfriend while in the locker room after another mission in the danger room. "Hey sweetie."

"Hey. Did you saw what I just did? That fucker didn't expect to get burned with his back turned."

Bobby awkwardly laughs. "Yeah, about that..." He tries to find the right words. "You know the mission was to dismantle a threat."

"I know. And I did it."

"...But we were negotiating with him." Bobby adds.

"'We do not negotiate with terrorist.' Those are the words I live by." Y/N merely smiles.

"But it could've gone wrong, and-"

That's when Y/N drops his smile. "You serious? You're doing it again?"

Bobby fears this could happen. "I'm just trying to help."

"Bobby, I know what I'm doing. The teachers aren't complaining. Why can't you?"

Again, the frozen mutant tries to think of how to dismantle the situation. "Because I'm looking out for you. I care for you, and if this was for real, you could've got hurt."

"Do you? Or do you think I'm some idiot that can't look after myself?" Feeling annoyed, Y/N walks away.

"Y/N!" Bobby tries to call his name out, but the teen doesn't reply. He knows he needs to fix the situation later.

-

When he got a knock on the door, Y/N opens it, seeing Bobby. "Can we talk?"

"Sure..." Y/N allows Bobby to get it. After closing the door, the both of them sit down on the bed.

"Look, Y/N, if we want to get this relationship to work, we need to straighten things out. Y/N, when I want to help you, I genuinely am looking out for you. I don't want you to get hurt or killed. I know I am... quick to overreact, but when I want to help you, I'm serious." Bobby really wants to convince Y/N. If not, then not only means it they get kicked out of the X-Men, but it also means it would risk their relationship. "But I'm not the only one that needs to change. You too need to realize I want to help you."

"...I know." Y/N admits. "I guess I still got issues with the past. Maybe I overreacted before. Sorry."

"So? We're alright?" Bobby asks with a smile.

Seeing the smile, Y/N can't help but does the same. "Sure thing."

Bobby leans to Y/N to kiss him. After three seconds, he gets back. "Let's make a promise. I try to restrain myself to correct you, and you try to accept my help. We both want the best for each other, so let's give that to each other. Alright?"

"Sure."

-

Ever since that day, their relationship became stronger and stronger. Bobby only helped Y/N when he asked for it or if it's absolutely something stupid. All the while, Y/N accepts Bobby's help. It took a while, but as he gets helped, Y/N smiles a little. None of the teachers didn't got any trouble for the boys either or does their teammates. At the end of the year, Charles congratulate the senior team, who's all standing in a straight line.

"You all proved yourself the time you spend here. Although things didn't went perfectly, you adapted and better yourself. With that being said, congratulations with successfully passing the exams, both from the school and the X-Men. Although your training will not end anytime soon, you will be allowed to travel with the X-Men and join them with their missions. You can be proud of yourself."

After the congratulation speech, the team get dismissed. They split up and in the locker room, Bobby and Y/N get themselves some place alone and happily hug each other.

"We did it! We did it!"

"We sure did!" Y/N happily adds. The two stop hugging and look at each other. "And now the real fun gets started."

"I don't want to imagine all the carnage you're going to get yourself into." Bobby says with a chuckle. "And what's even better, is that I'm going to enjoy it."

Y/N laughs. "You better. Those bitches don't know what they're going to face. Too bad our elements don't synergize at all."

"At least we compensate with our teamwork." Bobby says. "Let's make sure to work even further as official X-Men members."