invisible string

inspired by taylor swift's song called invisible string

a/n: where i live there are not really any yogurt shops so i have no idea how they work so sorry if i get anything wrong.

~~~

y/n's pov

it was a sunny summer day. i just moved back to new york (a/n: i have no idea where walker lives so we're gonna pretend he lives in new york). actually i moved back a few weeks ago but was really busy with the moving stuff and i didn't really have time for anything. but today it was my first day on my part time job. i got a job thanks to my friend, cora whose family owns a yogurt shop. i was pretty excited.

*time skip*

it was now the afternoon. i spent all day helping customers and i was pretty tired by now when someone walked in. it was a curly haired blonde boy and a taller brown haired boy (a/n: i can't decide if charlie has brown or black hair so it's brown). they were both very very handsome. then it hit me. i know them.

-hey-walker said.
-hello there, what would you like?-i smiled.

they told me their orders and as they were paying i asked for a picture.

-so i don't want to bother you guys but could i maybe get a picture with you? i love percy jackson so much-i admitted.
-yeah sure-they said at the same time.

walker's pov

we walked into this yogurt shop with charlie and i saw a girl around my age. she caught my eye. she was very pretty. she asked for our orders. she had such a cute voice and she was really nice. as we were paying she asked for a picture. i was more than happy to take a picture with her. i kinda wanted to talk the her more but a customer came and she had to get back to work. we walked outside then charlie stopped me.

-why didn't you ask for her number or something?-he asks.
-what?-i question dumbfounded.
-come on walker, i saw the way you looked at her, you think she's cute-he smirks.
-okay, yeah, well she's pretty-i stutter.
-so go back and ask for her number.
-no, are you crazy? what if she doesn't like me and thinks i'm weird and a creep? she just met me.
-you might never see her again, this is your chance-charlie says-and anyways we're not leaving until you don't go back.
-fine, as if i couldn't come back anytime here, she's probably gonna be here if she works here-i mutter.

i go back and nervously fidget with my hands.

-you're back! do you need anything?-the girl asks as she sees me.
-i uhm...i just think...listen, you're really pretty and i was thinking maybe you could give me my number?-i question.
-for real? walker scobell is asking for my number?-she asks amazed.

as she gives me her number i ask her name.

-hey i never got your name by the way.
-it's y/n.
-that's a nice name-i smile and she blushes.

we talk for a little more and then i say goodbye. charlie teases me throughout the whole way home.

*time skip*

it's been 3 days since i met y/n. we've been texting a lot. we were actually texting right now.

walker
hey, do you wanna do something later in the afternoon?

y/n
heyy, sure i'd love to!!

walker
i was thinking we could take a walk in centennial park, is that okay with you?

y/n
omg, i love centennial park!!

walker
seriously? me too! though i've only been there twice.

y/n
ohh then i have to show you around

walker
sure you do
so it's a date?

y/n
it's a date!