Chapter 13 - Complicated Situation in the East

Start from the beginning

???: "So... that's how this world works..."

Feeling stressed, Wernher Thomas von Braun sat in his office at the University of Houston.

Currently, he and many other scientists, mathematicians and physicists are trying to discover how this planet works.

Based on the distance to the horizon, the planet had a circumference of about 125,500 km.

However, the acceleration due to gravity is still the same as Earth's, although its gravitational force should be much greater.

The famous German-American engineer/scientist is still intrigued by the presence of magic on this planet, he often wonders how this world works with magic.

Living in a world without magic that relies more on science, magic can be considered a strange and unknown power.

Research into magic was already on the agenda when the Institute for Research in Magic (IRM) was created.

The institute was an international institute to, hence the name, research and study magic.

Fortunately, the Union's new allies from this new world, Qua-Toyne and Quilia, gladly help them with magical research.

After several tests on magic, it appears that magic, for the most part, defies the laws of physics.

The fact that magic defies the laws of physics was somehow expected by many, von Braun was one of them.

Magical gems have several varieties, some could function as a source of energy and fuel for certain devices to power things with electricity and some could be a source of energy for some wizards, basically portable batteries.

It is not surprising that technology integrated with magic is very common in this new world, there are even weapons powered by magic.

An example is the Holy Mirishial Empire, a country that uses magic in everything.

As magic was very common in this New World, the ACU still tried to familiarize itself, not only with magic, but also with other beings in the new world, such as elves, dragons, etc.

In the religious world, the Pope of the Catholic Church despises the use of magic, considering it to have heretical powers.

This is not truly a surprise if we look at the history of Christianity above magic.

Orthodox and other churches also despise magic.

In the Muslim world, they also dismiss the existence of magic as a heretical power that does not come from Allah.

While for the other religions, they also tried adherents or despised magic.

However, as time passed, books about magic began to be released across the American continent, it was revealed that there is an element of magic that uses a person's holiness to cast sacred spells.

When sacred magic was revealed, Christian churches and the Muslim world became interested in magic and began to study it.

Von Braun, despite being a Christian, was interested in magic from the beginning.

However, studying something like magic is not his specialty, he is an expert in physics and engineering, but he wanted to unlock the secret of the universe, like Albert Einstein.

He's not a biologist either, but he still questions why IRM sent him files full of creatures from this world.

Goblins, humanoid creatures of low intelligence that could only communicate with each other, were basically savages that lived in the forest and were extremely dangerous.