Blue

My name is Blue.

Well not actually, but it's a nickname I gave myself. It's not like you need my real name. It's not necessary, so just call me Blue.

"And how do you expect me to give you an A+ when you do work like this?!" The teacher yelled at me. In front of the whole class. "Scribbles, absolute scribbles. And the work, YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING!" It's ok. I'm used to it at this point. It's not like people will like me any less if they don't like me at all, so it's not embarrassing. "Forget it. It's not like you're even paying attention. Just go to the principles office already.." She huffed and held her face in her hand. I got up and did as told. "Sorry." I said before I left.

Closing the door I walk through the empty halls. Some people in the other classes are watching me through the glass in the doors, pointing and telling their friends. I normally get in trouble at this time, and I think some people noticed. I get to the door and the principle doesn't even have to look up to know it's me. "Blue, there you are. I thought you would be late for a second there." She jokes. "Not for the world." She smiles and gestures for me to sit down. "What is it today? Scribbling on your desk? Not listening? Being too quiet? Being too loud?" I shake my head. "No, I scribbled on my homework and I didn't do any working out." "Ah, two in one. That hasn't happened in a while eh?"
"I don't think I should try anymore."
"What?"
"Everything I do, she gets angry. Why should I try? There is no right answer." She looks me in the eye and softens her gaze. "Sweetie, don't think that. Some teachers just aren't fit for kids." She tells me. "Some teachers can educate and some can bond. Your teacher just educates. It's normal." She reminds me. Again. It's the same thing. Again. And again. And again and again and again and again and again and again and again and- "Blue? Are you there? It's time to go home, so now you can relax."
"Ok." I leave her office.

I reach for the door knob and twist it. I'm home. "Mom?" I call out. I don't want to but I do because it's an instinct. "I'm here." She yells back.
I think she's getting sick of me.
I take off my shoes and my coat and hat and I go upstairs, unpacking my bag. My homework, my lip balm, my wallet, my earphones, my phone. I grab my phone and plug in my earphones, going to Spotify.
Life is honestly hard.
I don't get why but it is, and that's not really that great. But whatever I guess. I don't think I can help it. No, I'm sure I can't. I could try. Hmmm...
No. Whatever. I've tried enough. And that's final.

Authors Note;
I hope you liked the story! I'm gonna try and finish the other part today and post it tomorrow. If you will, I would appreciate if you could give me feed back on how to improve anything! Thank you.