chapter 4 : skateboard

//

"make sure you guys continue to memorize the list of medications that i assigned you from tuesday. we're gonna have a clinical next thursday as well so make sure you continue to prepare for that." jaemin scratched his head, the things written on the board already leaving his brain.

their professor had dismissed half of the class, those students stuffing their things into their bag and running out of the door. the other half had to wait for the teacher to announce what she needed. all jaemin wanted to do right now was skip his afternoon class and go to sleep.

he started to weigh out the pros and cons in his head. it was either get a nap and be behind.. or be drained and keep up with the class. he probably was going to skip his afternoon class, seeing as sleep deprivation wasn't on the top of his list of most needed things right now.

now, he wasn't a bad student. jaemin made sure to always attend class so he wasn't behind, but the sacrifice he was about to make would be worth it.

jisung had kept him up the night before, wanting to tell jaemin all about his date with hyein. it wasn't too late, but late enough where jaemin wasn't too keen on waking up for a 9am class.

fortunately for jisung the dance major, he didn't have a class so early in the morning on thursdays, so he got to sleep in. he's probably still in bed.. and probably hasn't eaten yet.

"jaemin i need you to stay back please." the rest of the students were dismissed, jaemin placing his things into his bag in an orderly fashion.

he didn't want to mix papers and notes that he would need to continue, and he definitely didn't want to lose the medication sheet that the professor had given him. he'd die.

"what did you need from me dr. lee?" yes. dr. lee. mrs. lee. the infamous teacher that jaemin had his senior year of high school. the one that got on his nerves. thankfully she wasn't as insufferable. still not that good of a teacher though.

"you've excelled in your science and labs your college years, correct?" dr. lee asked. jaemin nodded, gripping the straps of his backpack. he was really liking the idea of just skipping out on his afternoon class.. really liking the idea. so what he got a little behind..

"i need you to do me a favor." dr. lee pulled up a list of her classes, as well as students, turning it around so jaemin could also view the lists. "i'm currently teaching two biology classes to a bunch of people, and since i know i can trust you, i want you to be my SI for this semester."

jaemin wasn't expecting a favor like this to come from dr. lee. he never thought that she viewed him as a good enough student. he still thought about it.

if he did help her, he would get to stay under the radar, but that would mean he would have less time to do rounds at the hospital, and even though it was antagonizing he didn't want to miss out. but then again he could just do his rounds in the summer to log the hours.

"i don't know dr. lee.. i've been doing my rounds at the hospital and i don't wanna stray away from my original intentions.." dr. lee nodded, turning the screen back towards her.

"i understand, but it won't only be you. your friends with park jieun, correct?" jaemin nodded once again, dr. lee pulling up the information that jieun had handed her.

"she also agreed to be my SI. she said that she'd be able to help as long as someone else was there to organize and help her." jaemin read over jieun's reply to dr. lee's email, not even knowing the two knew each other.

"like i said i trust you and your opinion entirely, i could also ask someone else if you really don't think you have the time." jaemin was conflicted.

it was jieun for crying out loud. his current partner in crime. his mini therapist. his best friend. besides jeno of course. and renjun. but renjun was her boyfriend, so they basically came in a package deal.