Chapter Two

Sometimes I don't understand Christian.  His possessiveness towards me makes me confused and stirs my heart in ways I can't even explain.  I mean he loves me but as a best friend.  I want more, I want all of him.  Of course,  I know it's not possible for him to fall in love with me but a girl can only dream.   

I looked  at Christian expectantly hoping he would agree. 

"ugh c'mon man, It's two months and you will get to see the love of your life again " Jake teased making me blush.

I looked down slightly peeping at Christian.  He just  rolled his eyes. Sigh,  what did I expect anyway?    

"yeah man,  just  say yes" Luke added.

"OK fine but... " Christian answered looking at me. " you have to make it to graduation"             

"of course,  I won't miss it for the world" I replied.

  "Good and don't forget to... " before Christian could complete his sentence,  my phone rang.

"Hello,  oh you are outside.  OK I will be out in five minutes"

I looked at my friends "OK guys,  I have to get going , my uber is outside ".

"Now?!!" Christian asked surprised.

  "yes now, my bags are packed up in my dorm" I replied

"OK fine" he sighed and hugged me.      

I love Chris' hugs and I just want to stay like that forever  but it has to end.  I went on to hug Molly,  Jake and Luke and said my goodbyes.  I was almost at the exit when I heard my name.

" Jess!! "

I turned around,  it was Chris. He ran towards me and stretched out his hand.

"You forgot this" he said. 

I looked at his hand and it was my inhaler.  I looked at him and chuckled.

"C'mon Christian ,  I haven't had an attack in five years" I said.

"I know  but just incase" he replied. 

I smiled and collected the inhaler.

"Thank you Christian  but I am curious,  where did  you find it?"  I asked

"I took it everywhere with me since your last attack "            

"what? since high school? " I asked again

"yeah" he replied.

Times like these are when I get confused the most.  I can't believe he kept it. I remember my last attack,  it was in senior year of high school. Our school had just won the football game and we all went out to celebrate. Christian booked a place at one of his Dad's restaurant and we were all having fun. I started feeling congested and uncomfortable. Christian was the first to notice it and he came to me asking if I was fine.  Before I knew it,  I was loosing my breath and slowly loosing consciousness.

I remember Christian panicking and asking me where my inhaler was.  I didn't always take my inhaler because I rarely get an attack.  The party came to an end and everybody was panicking.  I remember hearing Molly crying and screaming my name.  Christian carried me and ran to his car with  Molly,  Jake and Luke behind him.  He put me at the back sit and drove like a maniac to the nearest pharmacy.  I remember seeing my life flash before my eyes. 

I thought I was going to die and the only person I could think of was Christian. I guess that is how much I am in love with him. Before I could finally give up and close my eyes, we got to the pharmacy. He ran inside and came back in less than five seconds.  He used the inhaler  on me.  I could see the fear of loosing me in his eyes. He followed me everywhere for a month because he wanted to be there if it happens again.  But it's been five years now and I can't believe he still carries the inhaler with him.