Chapter 13

Atlas's POV

The week's flew by after the first round. I had healed completely by the third day after it, but Remus and Sirius had refused to let me out of bed and out of their sights. It took me a full week to make them see I was fine before they let me go anywhere without them. During that time, there were many make-out sessions and visits from the others.

The ministry and Dumbledore had gotten their arses handed to them by my aunt, with her sending some of our clan to this sanctuary to teach others in proper care for dragons. She had apologised profusely to me in not being able to protect me, but I shut that down quick, telling her I knew the risks and was going to continue to get hurt to some degree anyway.

After spending weeks between classes, reports, and hanging out with everyone, I had been summoned to the castle with Martha by request of Professor McGonagall.

"What do you think she needs from us?"

"I'm not sure, but it sounded urgent enough. Maybe it has something to do with the kids." I walked side by side with her as we made it to the great hall, where McGonagall had asked is to meet.

We opened the doors to see the fourth to seventh years from the house of Griffindor, sitting around the room. I shrugged my shoulders to Martha as we walked towards McGonagall and Lily, both smiling as they noticed us.

"Oh, lovely, you're here. Now I know it's a bit of a request, but are you both well courted in the form of dance?"

I looked to Lily as she smiled. "What Minnie is asking is that we might need your help in teaching the students the proper mannerisms of formal dancing. Is that alright?"

Martha nodded to me as I nodded to them. "We would be happy to help."

McGonagall clapped her hands, a gleeful grin of her face. "Wonderful! Now, why don't you three stand over there as I talk to the students."

We followed Lily to the corner closest to Harry and the others, smiling at them before looking back to McGonagall.

"The Yule Ball. Has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity." She looked around as she sternly looked at a few students. "As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost.. a dance."

Everyone in the hall quickly started whispering about the ball, many looking over at myself and Martha as we smirked.

"Silence! The house of Godric Griffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

I glanced over as the twins whispered to each other.

"Try saying that 5 times faster."

I giggled as they tried as McGonagall continued her speech.

She moved her arms around. "Now to dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight."

"Somethings about to burst out of Valerie's mijin, but I don't think it's a swan." Ron whispered to the others as they quietly chuckled before silencing as McGonagall turned to them.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley."

"Yes.."

She held her hand out with a smirk. "Will you join me, please?"