𝟲𝟰 (𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘)

Start from the beginning

Perhaps I was being too excited about this? This was obviously a serious situation considering that people's lives were in stake, but I couldn't help but feel a slight tinge of thrill. Just a while ago, I was scared to death about being in this position, but not anymore. The thought of being here with Mark made everything feel much better. And the thought of fulfilling Jaehyun's request made everything about this feel right too.

"Do you see the glass window on Mister Rhino's stomach? There's a dude sitting in there, controlling him. The best way to stop him, is by hauling him out of there."

"Okay." I nodded. "What technique do we use to get to him then?"

Mark shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know... improvisation?"

"Dude... Are you serious?"

"What? That's what me and Jaehyun do all the time. You'll get used to it~"

Mark then cleared his throat. "Yo Mister Rhino!" He called out, his arms waving in the air from left to right. "Hey buddy! Can you quit showing off your guns to the Gods and play with me instead? I'm like growing very bored over here!"

Damn, was Mark always this unserious?

The Rhinoceros' guns suddenly came to a halt as he spun around his stance, his feet heavy and destructive against the pavement. "Ehh? You brought company?" He asked. "Oh, Venom, I'm such a big fan of yours—" He was feigning his small excitement of seeing me, but stopped when he realized something. Something that didn't sit right. "Wait, that's not Venom... Who are you?"

I gulped, feeling somewhat awkward. I took cover behind Mark, not knowing what to say.

I forgot to mention that nobody, and I mean nobody knew that Jaehyun was Venom. Mark and I decided that it was best to not reveal the true identity of the old Venom. And throughout those two months after Jaehyun's death, there was a hot topic about his sudden disappearance in Queens. I had forgotten about planning on how to manage this situation: What would people think if they see that the Venom they used to know, was now a woman?

"Ehh.... Uhh... Well my old friend retired? I guess he didn't like his job, so she's taking over his position now." Mark placed a hand on my shoulder and flashed a proud smile. "I present you, The She-nom!"

Venom: Oh hell no! That sounds lame! Tell Mark to take that back, before I try doing something real bad to him—

"Nope." I shook my head and stepped out of Mark's cover, an awkward and nervous chuckle slipping out of my lips. "The name stays the same. I'm still Venom."

Mark sulked, upset about my disapproval. "You don't like it? I think it's pretty cool."

I pursed my lips and shook my head. "Venom doesn't like it, and to be honest, it does sound a bit questionable so we'll stick with Venom."

Mark and I had been chitchatting for way too long, that we didn't even notice that The Armored Rhinoceros had charged towards our direction with a blaring and menacing shout, its heavy footsteps nearly creating a massive earthquake in the entire city.

Mark immediately shot webs at the manhole cover on the ground and hauled it to his grasp. Mark leaped towards the villain and swung the cover in the air like a helicopter's wings, before striking it at the head of the Rhino, causing him to collapse backwards.

"Oh my God. Headshot!" Mark cheered and swiveled his head to glance at me. "Did you see that—"

The Armored Rhino suddenly sprayed water from its gun machine hands and flooded Mark's side of the battlefield. The blast of water hit Mark like a freight train, slamming him into the wall behind him with stunning force and knocking the air from his lungs. Mark coughed and gagged as the water flooded into his lungs.