52

𝟱𝟮: 𝗡𝗬𝗣𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦

The following day, I dozed off in the living room with Donghyuck, whilst Venom and Spiderman kept an eye at us, out in the mansion and took turns in taking naps. I had woken up on the couch, still dazed and disoriented. I was not in my bed, and that confused me briefly until realization prodded.

Just as I was about to determinedly tell the boys about commencing the mission for today, I was prevented by the unwanted presences in the room. There were several policemen roaming around the room, careless and mindless as though it were their territory.

I immediately sat up, still feeling a bit groggy and took another inspection around, feeling my mind racing as I tried to understand what was happening. All the unfamiliar faces in the room shuddered my body, but that was until I realized that Donghyuck was just beside me, perched with a scowl on his face. With a relieved sigh, I turned to him for answers.

"What the hell is going on here?" I whispered to him, shaking his knee.

Donghyuck, a bit upset and irritated about the situation, heaved. "They figured out we were acting on our own." He mumbled.

Ah shit. Did that mean that the plan we had from yesterday, was gonna go to waste? Concerned, I scooted closer to Donghyuck and hugged myself with a frown, also upset about everything. "Damn it..." I cussed. "Where's Spiderman and Venom?"

I earned nothing but a wordless shrug from Donghyuck.

Not long after, a familiar presence joined us. It was Officer Walkers, Naomi's father. He was dragging a chair across the room, to place it right in front of us before taking a seat. He let out a hefty heave, and slouched. "Well, well, seems like somebody is not out of town with his brother." Officer Walkers looked at Donghyuck with squinted eyes. "I don't appreciate you lying to my daughter."

Donghyuck cleared his throat and straightened his posture, wanting to look good in front of his girlfriend's father. "I couldn't possibly tell her the truth. It'll endanger her."

Officer Walkers smiled, then nodded his head. "Good choice." He leaned forward and placed his elbows on his knees, looking at both Donghyuck and I seriously in the eyes. "Captain told me to be the one to talk with you because I know you kids... Do you know how dangerous and unlawfully wrong it is, to sneak in NYPD's back and act on your own about this very big case?" He scoffed. "Good thing those two guards from the MoonDelivery Headquarters reported about a break in. And when we saw Spiderman's webs on that rooftop door, we knew they knew something we didn't. I'm just surprised that you two joined those two."

His voice was full with seriousness, and that shook the bones in Donghyuck and I. We both hung our heads down, not daring to make eye contact with the man who simply tried his best to contain the anger and disappointment he had on us.

"We were just trying to help-"

"Acting behind our backs is not any form of assistance, Donghyuck." Cut off Officer Walkers with a small shake in his head. "Especially you Juliane. Look, I've heard a bit about what's truly going on here with everything about your father's business and so on, and we cannot have you involved in this by engaging in the case. That's too dangerous. We closed down the HQ for now because a lot of complication. And you need to lay low, because you're their target. In fact, you should just try living normally again. But don't worry sweetheart, we'll have bodyguards to look after you. Okay? And we'll try finding your parents."

Silence befell on the three of us. We really didn't know what else to say. I mean, we were too scared that what we might say would just be our oppositions, and that would only infuriate Officer Walkers, so we remained silent.

Officer Walkers stood up from the chair and stretched his arms. "Zip your mouths about this okay? NYPD agreed to keep this case secret to the public. We have to figure things out." He pivoted his heel, about to leave but stopped when he recalled something. "Oh, by the way Donghyuck, my daughter deserves an apology. Unfortunately she knows everything know."

Live normal again, huh? Well, I presume this was a perfect timing for my small cinema date later with Mark Lee.