Chapter 8

The morning of the wedding came around. I left the room after assuring Lysabel that I would get her out of the wedding. I had a few hours to kill, so I went and found a spot to hide until it was time for me to crash the wedding.
Azriel? Rhys' voice filled my head, where are you? You were meant to rescue her before the wedding.
Sorry Rhys. I had to wait to be able to get her out. I have a plan. Don't worry. I'll have her at the Night Court before tonight. I responded.
Azriel, what are you doing. You don't usually leave stuff to the last minute.
I had to this time. There was no other way to get her out of the house. I explain to him.
Az, if you don't get her out today, she will be stuck with Tamlin forever. Once they're married, he'll never let he go.
I know, I'll get her out. There was no response. Rhys must have drawn out of my mind.

The wedding guests started to fill the garden. I stayed hidden in the shadows behind a statue. The guards started to take their places, surrounding the garden. The aisle was scattered with rose petals, and reminded me of another aisle I had seen. The difference this time is that I would rescue the bride. Tamlin entered the garden and all eyes were on him as he made his way to the altar. "Thank you all for being here today." He addressed the guests.

The priestess signalled to the fae at the piano, and she started to play a slow song for Lysabel to walk down the aisle to. She appeared at the end of the isle. She was in a sparkling white dress, which was covered in white roses. She wore a trailing vail in her chestnut hair and a silver tiara was glittering on her head. She held a bouquet of spring flowers. She looked beautiful. I could see her hands shaking. I could feel her fear. She knew I was going to save her, but she didn't expect me to let her walk down the aisle. She reached the end and Tamlin smiled at her, and took her arm and guided her to the altar. Her eyes were full of fear, wondering where I was.
"We are gathered here today to unite these two souls together." The priestess began the ceremony. I was relying on the ceremony taking the traditional route. Which it did. The priestess read out a prayer and then said, "Before we continue with this unity, does anyone object to the marriage? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

This was the moment I was waiting for. I stepped out of the shadows and said, "I object." All eyes in the garden turned to me. I saw Lysabel smile. She felt safe now. She knew I wasn't going to let her marry Tamlin. "I object strongly to the marriage of these two souls."
"Azriel, what a pleasure to see you." Tamlin said. "I would love to catch up once I had be married my bride."
"I object to that Tamlin. She is unhappy. I am here to take her home." I started, "Lysabel?" She pulled away from Tamlin and walked towards me.
"You're making a mistake Azriel. Leave now and leave her with me and I'll spare you." Tamlin had his claws out and was glaring at me.
"I don't think I will." I responded.
"Guards!" Tamlin ordered, "Get him, I want him alive and don't harm Lysabel!"

I drew my sword. It had been a while since I had a real fight. And I never expected to ever be fighting my way out of a wedding, let alone a wedding where I had objected and was saving the bride who was also my mate. "Stay behind me Lysabel and follow me. We just need to get over the wall and then I can winnow us to the Night Court." I whisper to her. I start fighting the nearest guard and my shadows fill the garden. Guests were screaming and Tamlin had drew his sword. Guests were running out of the garden. I had managed to get me and Lysabel to the end of the isle, and guards were lying dead all around us. Tamlin stalked down the aisle towards me with his sword drawn. "Careful Tamlin, you don't want to hurt Lysabel." I taunt.
"I'm not going to. What is it with the Night Court and crashing my wedding." He swipe at me with his sword but my shadows wrap around the hilt and toss it aside.
"I'll be leaving now Tamlin. Be careful who you cross." He looks as if he is about to take his beast form but I stop him in his tracks with my sword, "That wouldn't be smart seeing as I have wings and I'm the one with the sword." I back myself and Lysabel out of the garden.
"You'll regret this!" Tamlin screams after me as I take Lysabel's hand and lead her towards the wide open gates.
"Maybe I will. But I know I won't." I walked all the way to the gate then in turn and say, "You should have learned the first time, don't hold your bride hostage, or imprison them in your house and the Night Court won't take them away from you."

I lead Lysabel out of the gate and look at her and say, "Your free." I see her eyes light up and the fear she felt only minutes earlier was replaced with happiness. Seeing my mate like this made me happy.
"I'm free! I'm free! I'm free!" She repeats. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"
"Let's get you home." I say to her. I tighten my grip on her hand and winnow us back to the Night Court.

She looks around us as we land on a hill just outside Velaris. I could have winnowed us directly to the river house, but I wanted her to be able to look over her home any enjoy her freedom. "Welcome to Velaris, the city of starlight, Lysabel. Welcome home."