3.Professional Nap-Taker

In the background, the music swells, casting a dream-like allure as whispers fill the air

In the background, the music swells, casting a dream-like allure as whispers fill the air. Suddenly, I find myself in a park, the sounds of nature surrounding me. A voice calls out my name, "Claire, Claire, I am here." Desperately, I turn, searching for the source of the voice, longing to see familiar faces. But just as quickly as it began, the scene fades, and I'm jolted awake from my slumber. Sitting up straight, I realize it's been a long while since I've had a dream like this. 

The memories I've tried to bury deep within my mind are now swirling relentlessly, refusing to stay dormant. It's been four long years since that incident, yet its grip on me remains unyielding. Mom's happiness with Casper consumes her attention, and Callie, my sweet little sister, is too young to understand the weight of my burdens. Enzo, while supportive, is unaware of our family's turbulent past, making it difficult to confide in him. Feeling trapped and suffocated by my thoughts, I realize that I need to escape, even if just for a moment. With a heavy heart, I decide to go out, hoping that the fresh air will bring some clarity and solace to my troubled mind.

I walk aimlessly until I stumble upon a beautiful beach, its serene and peaceful atmosphere washing over me. The deep blue water stretches out before me, inviting and enticing. I hadn't known what to expect, but this is beyond anything I could have imagined.

As I soak in the tranquility, the allure of the water becomes irresistible. I regret not wearing my bikini, but I'm determined to make the most of this unexpected opportunity. I settle for some sunbathing, reclining on one of the armrests nearby.

What surprises me most is the weather—it's summer here. It's a stark contrast to the December winters I'm used to. The realization feels almost surreal.

"Pst, pst," a voice whispers, pulling me from my deep, comfortable slumber. Blinking away sleep, I scan my surroundings, searching for the source of the interruption. My gaze lands on a striking figure, their eyes fixed on me with a curious intensity.

As Claire peacefully dozes off on the beach, a voice gently interrupts her slumber, "Hey there, sorry to disturb your nap."

Startled, Claire blinks awake and looks up to see a someone standing nearby. "Oh, hi," she responds, rubbing her eyes.

"I noticed you've been sleeping for a while," the person continues, "and I thought you might want to head home before it gets dark."

Claire glances around and realizes that the sun is beginning to dip below the horizon. "Wow, I didn't realize it was getting late. Thanks for letting me know."

"No problem at all," the person replies with a smile. "Need any help packing up your things?"

"Thanks, you too," Claire says warmly as she finishes packing up. "And thanks again for waking me up."

As she turns to leave, a voice calls out, "Wait!" Claire pauses and turns back to see the person she had just met.

"Sorry, but I haven't seen you around before. Are you new here?" he asks with a charming grin.

Claire nods, feeling a flutter in her stomach. "Yes, I just arrived yesterday. You caught me in the midst of my jetlag-induced nap."

"That's great," he replies, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

Realizing she hadn't asked for his name, Claire says, "Sorry, I didn't catch your name."

He introduces himself with a grin, "I'm Ethan King, resident beach nap interrupter."

"Nice to meet you, Ethan. I'm Claire Garcia, professional nap-taker," she responds with a playful smirk.

"Oh, so you're Enzo's sister. Well, one of them," Ethan remarks, his tone teasing.

Claire raises an eyebrow, intrigued. "You know Enzo?"

"Yeah, we've been friends like forever," Ethan replies, a hint of laughter in his voice.

"It was nice meeting you," Claire says, preparing to head home. However, as she turns to leave, she realizes her phone battery is dead. Panic sets in momentarily as she remembers she's lost without GPS.

Seeing Ethan walking away, she calls out, "Ethan, wait!"

He looks back at her, and Claire is momentarily captivated by his easygoing charm. "Could you please show me the way home?" she asks, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "I've been wandering around, and I don't really know how to get back."

He doesn't answer immediately, leaving Claire in suspense for a few tense seconds. She watches as he gazes at her with hazy eyes, unsure of what to expect. Just when she begins to fear he might decline, he finally responds.

"Sure, I would be happy to help," Ethan says, his voice carrying a hint of amusement as he flashes her a charming smile. "After all, it's not every day I get to rescue a damsel in distress."

Claire can't help but laugh at his playful remark, feeling a warmth spread through her chest at his easygoing demeanor. "Well, I appreciate the gesture, Sir Ethan," she quips, giving him a playful wink.

With a mock bow, Ethan gestures for her to walk beside him. "Here, walk with me," he says, falling into step beside her.

"Finally, Ethan makes his entrance! Isn't he just so charming? I wanted their first encounter to feel like a classic meet-cute moment, with Claire's relatable 'sleeping beauty' personality adding a touch of whimsy to the scene

"Finally, Ethan makes his entrance! Isn't he just so charming? I wanted their first encounter to feel like a classic meet-cute moment, with Claire's relatable 'sleeping beauty' personality adding a touch of whimsy to the scene. After all, who hasn't drifted off at the beach and needed a helping hand? I hope readers find Claire and Ethan's dynamic as endearing as I do, and I can't wait to explore their budding connection further in the story!"