14: Nothing is the Same

Start from the beginning

"Kisuke started examining the Alchemy, and he might have an idea how to get everything back, but he needs Yajimaru in order to do so."

Kisuke chose that moment to come back. "And in order for you two to get him here, your going to have to learn to use your new powers."

He had a point. I've never used an actual sword before.

"Let's go to the basement," Kisuke continued, then walked away. We followed him.

We watched him open the trapdoor to the basement. "You guys work on training. I'm going to continue trying to reverse the Alchemy."

I nodded and went into the basement, Yoruichi and Orihime following.

When we got down, we saw Uryu, Chad and Ichigo waiting for us. I flinched when I noticed Ichigo was wearing a red fingerless glove on his right hand. I thought they were always black.

"So," I spoke up first. "What exactly are we doing?"

"Your going to learn how to use your new abilities," Yoruichi answered.

"How are we going to do that?" Ichigo read my mind.

"First, your going to enter your inner worlds so that Zangetsu and Michelle can help."

"How do we enter our inner worlds?" I asked.

Yoruichi pulled Ichigo's combat pass out of her pocket. "Try this."

"When'd you get that?" Ichigo asked, eyeing Yoruichi suspiciously.

"It was left in the Precipice World when Yajimaru kidnapped you," she said simply. Then she threw me the pass.

I caught it and pressed the pass against my body, and for the first time ever, I left my body. I watched my body fall to the ground, like it always does for Ichigo. I looked down at myself and saw I was wearing a black soul reaper kimono. I reached behind me, and grabbed the sword. It was the exact same shape as Ichigo's, but it was a smaller version of it, about half my size. "This is... weird." I said. I put my hand on my heart. "It's kind of hard to breathe."

"You'll get used to it," Ichigo reassured me.

A cloud of depression hung over us. "I hope I don't have to," I sighed.

"Same," Ichigo replied.

Our friends looked at each other worriedly. "Don't worry," Orihime repeated herself. "You'll get your powers back."

Yoruichi nodded. "As soon as you learn how to use your new ones."

"Got it," Ichigo said determinedly. "Evie, how do you use your powers?"

"You just... let Michelle's power flow into you. If you can't figure that out, you should be able to talk to her through your mind."

He nodded and closed his eyes. About six, maybe seven, minutes later, his glove started unraveling and changing colour as it moved around his body. But everything was different.

Instead of wearing a ninja-like suit, he was wearing a kimono similar to a soul reaper's, except it was white. Ichigo was also wearing a hollow mask. It was white, with two red stripes coming from top of the mask, to the bottom. Ichigo also had wings. They reminded me of huge bat wings that were, put together, twice as big as Ichigo.
The only thing that looked the same was Michelle. She was still red and looked like she wanted to crawl out of Ichigo's hand.

Ichigo grabbed the mask and moved it so that it was on the side of his head.

"Woah," everyone breathed.