1. sukuna ryomen (jujutsu kaisen)

oh, baby, i am a wreck without you. i need you here to stay

~ Line Without a Hook, Ricky Montgomery

stepping into the castle, Y/n looked around the entry room, noticing differences from her last visit. her long gown barely above the floor as her heels clicked on the floor. "this way, madam," ushered a butler who had originally opened the door for her. she nods, following the man in the suit up a set of wide stairs, making a right up more steps; their steps muffled by the red carpet that covered the center of the stairs and hallway. the walls were more bare than she had remembered. Y/n never quite got used to how massive this place was. what would this man need all this space for? i mean seriously. this estate is insane. they continue further down the hall before stopping in front of the two massive doors painted black with golden handles. doors that Y/n knew all to well. the butler knocks three times, "come in," a voice is heard from the other side. the man pushes the doors open, gesturing for Y/n to step inside. her breath hitched in her throat for a moment as she slowly steps forward and into the room. "leave us," the man in the chair says, waving his hand lazily at the butler to close the doors. she hadn't moved an inch closer to the man as she listens to the doors shut. "will you just stand there?" the man says breaking the silence, "come sit," he holds his hand out to the seat in front of his desk. Y/n slowly makes her way to it, taking a seat without breaking eye contact with the man. his eyes followed her as she walked. the only sound is the muffledness of her heels hitting the carpet.

"you wanted to see me?" she finally asks, his red eyes piercing into her, she swallowed nervously, feeling the air being stripped from her lungs. she looks down at her hands, trying to hide her nerves. he smirks, "i did indeed," his voice deep and husky, his hands that were intertwined together now sat flat on his desk, pushing himself up from his seat. "you see, Y/n," he begins, walking around his desk, he stops in front of her, leaning back onto his desk, arms folded over his chest, "i've been watching you for a while now," he continues. it became harder for her to breathe, the air felt so thick and hot as if she was in a room that was 200°F (93°C). "what are you playing at?" she asks, trying to keep her cool. confusion began to overtake the nervous feeling she had been feeling prior to walking in. he didn't acknowledge her words. he leans down to her level, his thumb and index finger grabbing her chin, keeping the eye contact. "i have grown fond of you, Y/n. you're interesting, to put it simple," he says, still looking at her eyes. she took in a deep sharp breath. "that's a little strange, don't you think, Sukuna," she says, trying her best to keep eye contact. "one could say that, yes," he says, a smirk playing on his lips. she swallowed hard at the sight of him being so close. neither of them spoke. Y/n could feel the tension building between the few inches they had between each other. "Sukuna-," "i want you to stay with me from now on," he offers before she could speak. she went silent. she had so much to say but wasn't sure where to start. he remained silent, waiting for her answer, she knew his patience ran short. "Sukuna," she says, "you're the one who ended things, don't forget that," dominance filled her voice. he nods slightly, still looking at her, "i know."

"so you know that you can't leave me and then expect me to come crawling back the moment you ask."

"i know," the grip he had on her chin loosened a bit.

"what you thought you could bring me here and everything would be fine the second i saw you?" she laughed in disbelief. any nervousness she felt had left her body. she started to stand from her seat. he let her chin go, stepping back to lean on his desk once more. still, he kept his eyes on her. she stared at him, dressed in his black, v-neck, button up and pants that fit snug around his thighs, black dress shoes to match the all black attire. "what makes you think i would have said yes, Sukuna? i mean... seriously," she rolled her eyes, rubbing her forehead as though a headache was forming. "you dropped me like i meant nothing to you on a random Wednesday," everything she felt and wanted to say to him was finally pouring out. he just stood there, staring at her. "i know," he says once again. "i've been waiting months to hear from you. something... anything. you finally invite me here and you're plan was to... to try and recreate our first meeting? is this a joke?" she questions, staring at his body for any sign of guilt. he didn't respond, this only angered her even further. "why?" she asks, still no response. "SUKUNA!" his fingers tighten around his desk at her shout. his jaw clenched as he trailed his eyes to the floor. "WHY DID YOU BOTHER BRINGING ME HERE AND ASKING SUCH A STUPID QUESTION!" she shouts, still no response. "you threw me away like i was nothing! 2 years and you tossed me to the side like it meant nothing, like we meant nothing! and now you have the gall to request my presence, i show up and you ask me to stay with you? acting as if what happened didn't. where do you get off thinking i would agree to that?! much less without an apology or explanation for what you did to me!" she continues on her rant. he still doesn't look at her, keeping his eyes locked on the floor. she steps forward, "and now you can't even look at me," she scoffs, his grip on the desk tightens once again. "you act so tough. but you're just a coward with money. so i'll ask you again. why did you waste my time to ask me a stupid question?" she hits his chest. "ANSWER ME!" she shouts with another hit, tears threatened her eyes. "ANSWER ME!" another hit, his hands gripping his desk so hard his knuckles had turned white. "ANSWER ME, SUKUNA RYOMEN!" she hits him one last time, leaning her forehead onto his chest as she cried. "i hate you Sukuna Ryomen," she spoke breathlessly in her tears.

he let go of his desk, wrapping his arms around her in comfort. "i know," he says, kissing the top of her head. "why do i want to stay," her arms dangle weakly at her sides. she steps out of his grasp, wiping her tears away before looking at him again. "you're so pathetic, you know," he chuckles at the sight of her puffy eyes. "thanks," she says, rolling her eyes and looking down at the floor to hide her face. silence filled the room again. "if that's all you brought me here for, then i'll take my leave before i change my mind," she says, collecting herself, turning on her heels to walk away. she didn't get too far before she was pulled back, spun around and pinned between Sukuna and his desk. her face flushed a light pink, "what do you think you're doing! get your hands off me!" she spoke shock, trying to get out of his grasp. he tightens his grip on her wrist, staring down at her. she looked at him, expecting his usual cold demeanor but was met with softness in his eyes. "i'm sorry," he says. "s-sorry," she repeats baffled, he had never apologized before. he presses his thumb to her bottom lip, dragging his black nail across it as he stared at them before looking back at her eyes, bringing his hand down to the small of her back. "i'm sorry for leaving you the way i did. i wasn't ready to commit and i thought you'd be better off without me, happier. but once you were gone i couldn't stand not waking up to you. not having you at my side. not knowing what you were up to or where you were. it was driving me mad. anyone here can tell you i was losing myself. you were so ready for everything and so sure of me. you're smart and so confident of yourself and who you are. you're bold and assertive but gentle," he caresses her cheek, a smile twitching on his lips. " it's why i-," he stops for a moment as if to contemplate what he would say next. he took in a deep breath, "i love you, Y/n," he says in almost a whisper. had you not been so close to him right now you wouldn't have heard it. 

"what did you just say?" Y/n asks shocked. he had never said he loved her before. sure he'd show her, but she never got anything verbal from him. he pulled her closer, pressing their bodies together; his face inches from hers. one thing Sukuna had always been good at was swooning her and knowing exactly what she was thinking and feeling. something she always felt she was awful at reciprocating. he continued to stare at her, as though waiting for something. a small twinkle shined in her eyes for just a second before he leaned in, pressing his lips to hers. when she had reciprocated, his grip tightened on her wrist a little more to secure her in his grasp almost if he were to let go she'd disappear. the hand on the small of her back trailed up to the nape of her neck, pulling her head forward as a way to deepen the kiss, desperately trying to keep her close to him. with a desperation to never let her leave his side again.