we didnt make out , or do anything

|| industry disrupters
and soul deconstructors ||

MAX AND JOEY HELPED IN THR KITCHEN WITH MIKE, max was still determined to make mike like her, "i get why el was your mage now."

"what?" mike asked, turning around from where he was sitting in front of the sink
"lucas. he told me all about her."
"well, he shouldn't have. and just because you know the truth, it doesn't mean you're in our party. you do know that, right?"
"yeah, i know. i mean, why would you want a stupid zoomer in your party anyways? i'm just saying, el? she sounds like she was really awesome."
"yeah, she was. until that... thing took her. just like it took bob. like it almost took gwen."

joey still just sat im silence as the two argued, she was tired, she just wanted it all to be over, she'd had three nosebleeds in the few hours they'd been at the byers house, she just wanted to go to bed and wake up to all of this being over.

everyone set up the shed just how they needed it, getting it prepared for when will would get brought in there, for when they would finish this, once and for all, then they all headed back inside.

"joey.." max said softly as the pair sat in the hallway, joey looked up from where she was looking on the floor and looked to max, "if he finds out where we are... will he send those.. dogs after us?"
"he won't find out."
"yeah, but, if he does..."
"i really don't know... we just have to hope."

hopper came running into the house, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen and sitting down the second he had everything he needed.

"what happened?" dustin asked

"i think he is talking." hopper told them, "just not with words."

"what is that?" steve asked
"morse code."

"h e r e." he wrote out

"here." everyone said, hopper sighed, relieved
"wills still in there. he's talking to us."

they listened through the walkie talkie, hearing for more code, they ended up with

"c l o s e g a t e." close gate.

the phone rang, dustin hung it up as quick as he could. it rung again, nancy tore it off the wall, throwing it to the ground.

"do you think he heard that?" max asked

"it's just a phone. could be anywhere. right?" steve asked

wrong. they heard the screeching in the distance, joey held onto maxs arm, fear overtaking her.

"hey, hey!" hopper yelled as he came back inside the house, "get away from the windows!"

"do you know how to use this?" hopper asked jonathan, holding a gun out to him
"what?"
"can you use this?!"

"i can." nancy said, catching the gun when hopper threw it to her

steve saw gwen limp out of her bedroom, the sides of her stomach gushing blood once again as she tried to block it with two tshirts, "what's going on?" she asked, she sounded weak, and in pain

"shit, gwen." steve said, dropping his bat and rushing to her, letting her lean on him for support, "hold on, we'll clean you up when we get these monsters away, i promise."
"no, i'm fine, i'm fine."

the monster screeched and roared again, and gwen found herself holding on tight to steve's arm, hiding her face in his shoulder, the harrington boy rubbing her back as he helped her over to everyone else, but still letting her stay in the position she was in.