Chapter 1: City of Order

Start from the beginning

"Oh. Eight, this is Rouge and Omega. Guys, this is Agent 8." Shadow said, introducing his allies to Eight.

"Greetings." Omega said.

"Hello." Rouge said.

"Nice to meet you." Agent 8 said.

"Okay. Introductions now aside, let's try and find a way out of this place." Shadow said.

"C'mon, agents! Let's get going!" Pearl said.

"Alright, then." Shadow said, as he and everyone else went towards the tower.

"This place kiiinda looks like Inkopolis Square. But how did it get like this?" Pearl said.

"This place looks weird." Rouge said, having a bad feeling like someone or something would attack.

"Krssshhh...bzzt...Pe...arl..." ??? said.

"Marina?! Are you up there?!" Pearl said in shock, recognizing her partner's voice.

"Skrrrzzz...zzzrrr...elp m...CLICK." ??? said.

"Hang on! We're coming up to you now!" Pearl said. "Shake a leg, agents! Marina's at the top of the tower!"

We'd better save her before it's too late!" Shadow said, as he and the others rushed in.

Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Eight, and Pearl rushed inside the tower to save Marina.

"Hey, Shadow?" Agent 8 asked.

"Yeah?" Shadow responded, turning his head to Eight.

"How come you and your friends still have you colors but I don't?" Agent 8 asked.

Shadow didn't realize that. Neither did Rouge or Omega.

"Huh. I don't know. It's strange." Shadow said.

Shadow looked at his Squidbeak uniform was still black and red.

"What is?" Rouge asked.

Her outfit was similar to her suit color is intact too.

"That Eight and Pearl's colors are bleached out in this place, but ours aren't." Shadow explained.

"Huh. That is strange. Maybe it's because we're from another universe." Rouge said, placing a hand on her hip.

"Yeah, that's probably it." Shadow said.

Shadow, Rouge, and Omega had no idea at all of how their colors remained intact. As they entered the tower, they ended up going to some sort of training area before the lobby.

"Is this for real? Wherever we are, it's nothing like the Inkopolis Square tower." Pearl said. "I'm getting the heebie-jeebies. Keep your eyes open!"

"This is not gonna be easy." Shadow said.

"I'm detecting high readings of unknown energy up ahead." Omega said.

"Then we'd better be careful." Rouge said.

Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Eight, and Pearl moved forward, and suddenly two fountain like portals activated, near the elevator door.

"Heads up, agents!" Pearl said, as a bone-like fish emerged from one. "Trouble's coming for us. Use these!"

Pearl digitized up some dualies for Eight to use.

"Dualies? Okay, then." Agent 8 said, as she was ready to fight.

"I'll help you out." Shadow said, taking out his dualies.

"Show 'em who you're dealing with!" Pearl said.