Act Two: Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

So, to avoid a scene, Mor dropped her hands from his grasp and levelled him with a pointed expression, "Calm down. I handled it. Believe me, Rosalind will think twice about touching me again."

And just to emphasise her point, Mor allowed her magic to flow through her veins, igniting an emerald green fire around her pupils. What looked like a mix between awe and pride fluttered across Riven's face, soothing the anger from before.

"Atta girl," He grinned, and continued quickly before she could protest against the phrase, "What are we doing here, anyways?"

Puffing out a long breath, Mor crossed her arms over her chest, "Well, I'm here for Rosalind to show off, and you're here to keep me quiet."

Riven raised a suggestive eyebrow, "Oh, yeah? And how, pray tell, will I be keeping you quiet?"

Pulling a face, Mor shook her head and decided it was about time to move on, "You are actually disgusting."

"How am- you said it, not me!" He exclaimed as he trailed after her, pulling out her chair for her to sit down before pushing it back under.

"You are an actual child." Mor chided, shooting him a look as he slid into the seat next to her, "It's unbelievable."

But Riven just grinned shamelessly, "It's your fault."

"How is it my fault?"

"You stimulate me and my dirty mind."

"I what?" Mor hissed, head whirling in his direction, "I stimulate you?"

That stupid grin widened further as he wiggled his eyebrows at her, "In more ways than one."

"Oh, sweet Jesus, and you're at it again." Mor groaned, dropping her head into her hands in despair.

"I can't help it!"

"Try harder."

"What if I don't want to?"

Lifting her head, Mor stared at him in exasperation, contemplating whether or not she should throw him out the window, "I hate you. I really do."

"Seriously? We're back to the hating game? I've said I'm-" Riven rambled on, and Mor didn't bother to stifle the yawn that escaped her, "Oh, wow. Really? You're yawning as I try to explain myself?"

"No, no, please, keep talking." She waved for him to continue, "I only yawn when I'm super fascinated."

"Unbelievable." Riven muttered, shaking his head.

"You're unbelievable."

Before they could carry on with their bickering, Rosalind clinked her glass and effectively captured everyone's attention, "Please, be seated and enjoy the food!"

As the woman spoke, waiters filed out from behind some pillars, carrying silver plates of food - the kind of meal that was ridiculously small, ever so rich, and intricately designed. 
Delicious, but a shit ton of effort for what it was, in Mor's opinion.

Chattering and the chinks of cutlery against plates filled the room as the alums all conversed with those seated around them. While she ate, Mor scanned the faces of all those attending, noting anyone she knew. There was one man in particular that piqued her interest: quite young, with the beginnings of a beard covering his chin, whom rarely ever took his eyes off of Bloom, nor her off of him.

So much so, even Rosalind picked up on it, "Do you know Sebastian?"

Taken by surprise at being caught, Bloom straightened, "I've seen him in town."