Ride The Way Into His Heart

Start from the beginning

   "Well, this is different," Kokichi said. "You don't have a license, and you're not like me where you steal Kaito's car whether you have a license or not, so the next best thing is a bike," Kokichi said. "What if you need to get somewhere fast if you don't have a car?"

   "Nyeh...I'll just use my magic," Himiko said, crossing her arms.

   "Okaaaayyy...well, what if you're out in public where you can't use your magic in front of everyone?" Kokichi pointed out. "If you need to get somewhere fast, you might need a bike. You never know, Himiko!"

   "Well...well...what if I get hurt trying to learn?" Himiko asked.

   "It's not a matter of if. You're definitely going to get hurt. When that happens, you just get back on the bike and keep trying," Kokichi said. "That's life, Himiko. You have to go through pain sometimes if you want to get stronger and wiser. It'll hurt, but all that pain and hard work you encounter will be worth it in the end. I promise!" Himiko nodded slowly.

   "Okay," she said. "I'll try." Kokichi smiled at her. 

   "I'll go get my helmet and elbow and knee pads from my closet," Kokichi said before dashing away. A few minutes later, he returned and helped Himiko put his helmet and pads on. Then, he patted the seat of his bike for Himiko to hop on. "Climb aboard, HimiCocoa Bean!" He held the bike steady as Himiko shakily mounted his bike. 

  "Okay, first things first," Kokichi began, squeezing the brake levers underneath the handlebars. "Whenever you need to brake, you squeeze these babies right here. The brakes are your best friend, 'kay?"

   "Okay," Himiko breathed, nodding her head apprehensively. 

   "Here, place the palms of your hands on the handlebars, and wrap your fingertips around the brakes. Don't squeeze them too fast, though," Kokichi further explained. "If you're going too fast, squeeze them gradually until you feel yourself slowing down. Then, squeeze them completely when you need to stop. Got it?"

   "Okay...got it," Himiko said in a small voice, gripping the handlebars and brake levers. 

   "Now, put your feet on the pedals," Kokichi instructed. "Right now, we're just gonna focus on using the pedals and the brakes. I'm gonna move you forward a little bit, and as I do, you're going to push the pedals, okay?"

   "Okay," Himiko replied. Kokichi held the handlebars and moved the bike forward. Himiko pushed the pedals with her feet. 

   "Okay, Monkey Buns, I'm gonna let go, and when I do, you're going to ride until..." he paused for a moment to search for a landmark. "Oh! Go up to that stop sign over there!" Using his head, he nodded over to a stop sign at an intersection about fifteen feet away. "Ready?"

   "I think so," Himiko mumbled.

   "Just keep your feet on the pedals, and as you near the stop sign, gradually press on the brakes, 'kay?" Kokichi instructed. Himiko nodded and took a deep breath. "Okay, I'm gonna let go...now!" Kokichi released her. Himiko kept a steady pace using the pedals. As she neared the stop sign, she slowly pressed the brakes, just as Kokichi had instructed her. She cruised down the rest of the street until she braked completely at the stop sign. She broke out into a happy smile and turned to Kokichi, who was running up to her.