Friendship's ease [Jassi - Hardik]

"You are going to become a father"

These words were echoing in Jassi's ears. He was sitting on the couch staring at a distance. Sanjana was already on video call with her sister sharing the good news. He was not able to move at all.

"Father"

He has heard so much about his friends narrating their stories about their father. Sadly, he didn't experience that at deep level because he lost his father quite early and his mother was his only support. So him able to relate to it was little tough.

It's been a week followed by the good news, he was yet to share it with his second family. He was little scared to do that because of the overwhelming texts and it's difficult to reply to that.

He decided first to tell to Rohit and Virat, he made a group with them and told them the news, in return he received a congratulatory call them getting all emotional over it.

"My kid is gonna have his kid, Vi did you hear?"

"Ro, first of all he is my kid and secondly you are right, our Jassi is so grown up"

"Bhaiya I am scared though", Jassi said in a quiet voice but thankfully it reached them.

Rohit and Virat together said, "Listen to us kiddo"

***

"Hardik, get up, Jassi is here to see you", Natasha shook him when he was sleeping in Agastya's tent while narrating him the story and Agastya was nowhere present.

"But the lion is not up here yet", Hardik mumbled in his sleep.

Natasha took a pillow and smacked his arm with that, "Get up or no playing with Agastya for a whole day", she threatened which woke him up.

Hardik rushed downstairs only to see Jassi talking something with Krunal.

When Jassi saw Hardik arriving in his lounge pants, the sleepy hair and how Agastya had already ran up to him from Krunal's arms, he didnt know why and he would never admit that for the first time his all worries had vanished seeing his best friend there.

Talking with Virat and Rohit, it was okay they went on explaining how he would be able to do that and it is okay to be scared.

But for an unknown reason, it just didn't calm Jassi because it all felt guidance and not really a conversation considering how he saw them and looked up to them. So, he took the keys and drove here in a very autopilot mode.

For once, he felt that he took a right decision.

"Jassi my brother", Hardik exclaimed and hugged him tightly. Jassi was expecting that kind of enthusiasm so he hugged him back.

"I missed you so much"

Jassi just rolled his eyes at his dramatic reaction, they had just met last week but he didnt say anything.

"How come you here? leave that, lets have lunch", Hardik dragged him to the table without even giving a chance for him to speak.

They had lunch silently with Jassi just agreeing in between to what Hardik was narrating dramatically, god knows what he was saying.

"Harry I got to share something with you", Jassi said as they were sitting in the lawn.

Hardik was just showing him the toy bats which he is thinking to buy for Agasthya. He turned to him seeing his serious face.

"What happened?", Hardik asked.

"I-- I am"

"You are", Hardik noticed Jassi a little shy at that, "you are in love-- but how you could be", he exclaimed rather horrifyingly.

"What?"

"You cannot cheat on Sanjana, Jas. I know how it can be, I will help you", Hardik said keeping his hand on his shoulder.

"What the hell are you talking about?", Jassi said exasperated as Hardik was making plans how to seperate Jassi and his new love to go back to Sanjana.

"No, we gonna make a plan"

"HARDIK", Jassi yelled at the end, as Hardik didn't seem to stop.

"I am gonna become a father", Jassi said once he got Hardik's attention.

Hardik finally registered what he said, "Oh my god, you are gonna be a father-- my best friend, Jesus Christ", he exclaimed happily and hugged him.

"Congratulations Jassi", Hardik said to which Jassi finally breathed a sigh of relief hugging him back.

"Why are you not happy?", Hardik for once thought sensibly, looked at Jassi's face and asked him about the frown on his face.

"I am happy, it's just--", Jassi said sitting down and Hardik sat beside him.

"Are you nervous Jas?", Hardik asked seeing him fidgeting his fingers.

Jassi looked at him, "How did you embrace the feeling? How did you knew that you are qualified to be a father?", he asked.

Hardik looked at him once and started laughing loudly.

Jassi was confused why he was laughing, did he ask anything wrong?

"Jassi, qualified? Is it an education or a study curriculum or what? jaha tujhe qualify Karna hai [where you have to be qualified]", Hardik asked him.

"Toh phir kya [then what]"

"If it would be like that na I would be failed long back with minus marks and I am sure Virat bhai would too"

"Hardik focus and tell me what do you mean?"

"Jassi, did you ever thought that I was qualified to become a father?"

Jassi nodded in no.

"Then? Jassi, this is not something which you can be born with or it will come to you by reading a book, it just comes naturally"

"How?"

"When you see that little bundle in front of you, in your arms you just know that this is the treasure you got to love, you got to embrace and protect at that extent that if he is in trouble you use your wife as a shield but nothing should happen to the little one", Hardik explained.

Jassi chuckled at that.

Hardik put his arm around Jassi, "You will be a great father you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because you have handled me", Hardik said grinning.

"Oh that I am still doing"

"Toh bas phir, I guarantee your kid will be more sensible than me so it will comparatively easy for you, don't worry"

And at that moment, they burst out laughing.

"By the way that shield dialogue was of someone else right?"

"Don't spoil the fun, for once in my life let me enjoy and let me remember this for a long long time that Jasprit Bumrah came to me for advice"

Hardik was bowing down infront of invisible crowd and raising his imaginary collar. Jassi couldn't help but shake his head at him.

Jassi then noticed how Hardik was running around Agasthya.

That smile of Agashtya and the picture infront of him where Agasthya was laying on Hardik's chest was enough to calm him and he was able to embrace the feeling of fatherhood.

He knew but he often realises how easy it was to converse with Hardik, it was just so normal without any complication. Simple, just how the conversations between friends should be.

With Hardik, more than anything it was more raw-- without any filter just like his personality. And he liked and despised that at the same time.

***

New book for one shots of Indian Cricket Team, only friendship and brotherhood.

bleedblue2011 I hope you like it.