Secret wingmen

Synopsis: Sam, Chad and Mindy get tired of Tara and Y/n 'secretly' pining for one another and decides to make a plan to help out the two oblivious lovesick fools.

Word count: 4,308
________________________________________

No one's pov.

The three were tired. So very tired.
Watching Tara and Y/n tip toe around their feelings for the other was frustrating to say the least.

Sam was tired of constantly hearing her little sister talk and rant about how hopeless her feelings were or how Y/n and her did this or that. The older carpenter was happy that her sister felt this way for someone, but couldn't stand to see her running around the topic like it would burn her or something.

Mindy was tired of constantly seeing the pining looks Y/n would send to Tara when she wasn't looking and vice versa, it was plain pitiful seeing the two dance around their feelings. She was Tara's best friend so she was right next to Sam hearing the same things, over and over.

Chad was tired for the same reason as the girls, except for the fact that it was Y/n rambling in his ear. Going on and on about how perfect Tara was and that she deserved someone better, how there was no way her feeling were reciprocated by the youngest carpenter.

So as time went on and the two oblivious fools fell harder for one another in silence, the three decided that enough was enough. If Tara and Y/n wouldn't do anything about the very visible tension between them, they the three would.

And that lead to now, with Sam, Chad, and Mindy meeting in the carpenter sisters apartment while Tara was stuck in her last lecture and Y/n was off getting food for their movie night. The three were sitting around the dining table, talking like normal when Sam sighed suddenly.

"What's up?" Chad asked after seeing the exhausted expression on the older woman's face

"Y/n will be back soon and then Tara will be right after her...I don't wanna deal with them pretending they're not lovesick puppies at this point." Sam explained as she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned farther back into her chair.

Mindy gained a thoughtful expression, falling silent at the information being displayed.

"Oh God I know that look, what are you planning" Chad groaned out as he took a swig of the beer Sam had set out for him.

The meeks-martin girl smirked at the two before leaning towards the table with her hands folded together. "We need to get them together"

Sam and Chad shared a look before laughing together, so hard to the point their ribs hurt before straightening up seeing Mindy's serious look.

"You're serious?" Sam asked with a small smile still on her face, the two could barley look at each other anymore without looking like a tomato and Mindy wanted to try and get them together.

"How are you gonna manage that?" Chad asked just as amused as Sam, knowing his sister was completely serious and will be dead set on getting her way, even if it seemed like an impossible task.

"Well someone has too! I mean Y/n and Tara were fine the whole time but then after Y/n told Chad she was falling, and Tara told us the same it's like they don't know how to act around each other anymore. If I have to hear Tara go on about how "Y/n is so hot in that hoodie" or "i just wish i had a chance, she makes me so happy" one more time im gonna strangle her!" Mindy rambled on, making Chad and Sam laugh a little as she imitated the shorter girl.

"Fair, if I have to hear Y/n say "Tara is so beautiful" or "look at that smile, those dimples!" One more time I might legitimately punch her, say it to Tara not me!" Chad agreed with a chuckle as he remembered all the times his oblivious best friend would ramble about how perfect Tara was.