syzoth

|your point of view|
traditions

you were up in your room of the palace, per usual, sat on your bed as you distract your mind by painting your nails. though you should've been reading or doing literally anything else that was deemed productive like your older sisters were busy doing...

kitana, most of the time, was training—if not that, then she was helping guide mileena as the new empress. though kitana lacked personal experience in the field, she still seemed to provide helpful ideas that benefitted the city...that alone made others think that if one day she had to take the throne she would do a wonderful job, just like your mother used to...

still, you believed mileena did plenty of beneficial things for her people and...you kind of preferred her as she's been doing so much for everyone. she's been helping the people with the tarkat affliction instead of ignoring it...she's also not shying away from the zaterran's as she promoted syzoth to be her emissary for his people...

and while your sister's were doing these impressive things, you were sat alone everyday wasting away in the palace and that's simply because you feel misplaced here...you don't exactly fit in...at least not yet...

before the entire situation regarding armageddon you didn't even know you belonged to outworld...you actually grew up in the earthrealm, thinking that's where you belonged, but upon lord lui kang returning to retrieve the earthrealm champions you so happened to be one of those people...

coming to outworld you discovered your real home, your real family...

you never had time to ask your mother how you were separated from this family, she passed before you got the chance, so now you were trying to do your own research when you got the chance...but people didn't seem to like your snooping, so you decided to take a break...a long break.

during your break you would recall your travels with the other earthrealmers and one specific reptilian...

syzoth really caught your eye the first time you saw him, just something about him was so mesmerizing and welcoming to you...you just didn't quite understand what...

the two of you, when you both stayed at the wu shi, would have such long talks and you missed that...he seemed to understand you when it came to the feeling of being an outcast from your own people...

him an outcast of the zaterran's for his transforming abilities...and you an outcast of outworld for your different upbringing in earthrealm...

your mind continues to drift off with thoughts of the man, realizing what you were thinking your eyes slightly widen and you slightly shake your head—bringing yourself back to reality— as you quietly scold yourself, "what am i thinking-"

you continue painting your nails until a voice curiously asks, "what are you thinking about?" you jump and abruptly turn your head up to the doorway, your eyes landing on someone you never expected to see again- "syzoth? what are you doing here?"

the man makes his way to you on your bed as you continue to sit there, frozen and shocked, "i came to make reports to empress mileena...i wanted to see you as well, were you busy?" "i- no, not all...it's nice seeing you." you notice a small, nervous smile form on his lips, "you as well y/n." that statement alone makes you smile in return...

you finally relax once more and bring your eyes back to your nails as you calmly ask, "so...what were you telling mileena about?" "nothing to worry your mind with princess...what are you doing to your hand by the way?" you look up to him slightly confused...has he never heard of this?

"you've never seen someone paint their nails?" "um no...does it do something for you? like enhance your abilities or something?" you giggle at the man's genuine statement of curiosity.