01.05: reverie, pt.1: rich people...

Jake is always chatting me through WhatsApp

Jake is always chatting me through WhatsApp. I don't want to ignore this person, but he always chatting me about what he planned for this day and tomorrow, and what he did yesterday. He often asks me about mine too. Well, I don't like to say about some of my daily stuffs. He just said that's just fine that I'm not that kind of an open person.

At some point, he also asked me some tips of "how to forget his ex-girlfriend" to me. I have no idea, either, since I didn't have relationships with someone else yet, but I read some cute short stories of how the characters moved on from their past relationship. So I just advised him to, maybe, do some new hobbies to distract him from it, just like what those characters did.

Sometimes, it was fun of having chat of him. And I think I now like him...

I told him that I really can't go to his mom's birthday party, but I told him about my sideline where I'll work as a server in a birthday party in a hotel, just for that event. That's the reason I can't go. He said he and his mom understand it.

I'm now in the events hall of a hotel near the coffee shop I'm working on. Of course I'm in my day off for the shop. I just find a sideline to work on, as a part time job, to have some extra income.

I'm serving the guests then the host announce of arrival of the celebrant and her son. Of course the guests clap their hands. I see a guy in a tuxedo comes from the stage and old lady goes after him to reach his hand.

I stopped for a while, but then I realise the guy in tuxedo, having a platinum blonde hair, is Jake. And his mom is the birthday celebrant.

Today is the celebrant's birthday, and the company she established. She's glad and thanking the Almighty for the blessings she and her family has, reason the people clap. I smile as she said those.

She also like to address the girl that saved her only son from the sadness he has, "I like her to be my special guest because she gave kindness to us, but she's not available at the moment. I love to introduce her to you..."

I'm just wondering why she said those...

After some minutes after that speech, "Let's talk about the engagement of our son and daughter, shall we?" An old guy and a girl, that is his daughter, go to their table. The girl sits beside Jake. I just hear it because I'm near to them.

That feels like my world shattered because of it. I think I'm not fit to their world.

As she looks to him, smiling, he just looks to her blankly.

"Waiter!" That made me back to the reality. Oh gosh. I rush to the guest who called me.

***

After the party, I'm gathering my stuffs when... "Elise, okay ka lang? (Elise, are you okay?)"

"Huh?" I look to that direction. It's just our supervisor.

"Natulala ka. (You're stunned.)" She said, "tsaka, nalaglag na yung ibang gamit mo. (Also, some of your stuffs fell of.)" I noticed some of my stuffs, including my make-up kit were on the ground. I thought I got them into my bag. So I quickly get them.

"Sorry ma'am..."

"May iniisip ka yata. (Seems like you're thinking of something.)" I look to her as she said it, confused.

"Ma'am?"

"Alam naman natin na ang dami nating alalahanin sa buhay... (We know that we have struggles in life...)" She taps my right shoulder, "maybe you should think about those later." She gets her bag then leaves.

What's wrong with me?

I just fix myself and go to my home riding with my bike. Maybe some fresh air from outside helps not to think about that.

==========

A/N: sorry, a little update for a while. So busy irl.

-- Jandy
(@jelsamarens.sco / @rf.thoughts.sco) :) (040624)