01.03: red scarf

<< Third Person's POV >>

*Two weeks later...*

After some "epic fails" to see her in the coffee shop, he had a second thought of the playground, where he's looking at, and where the first place they encountered. That playground was also the place where his ex-girlfriend decided to break up with him... But he went there anyway.

As he sat down to the swing, holding the folded red scarf covered with a clear plastic, a butterfly flies to his left hand. He didn't drive it away, but instead he slightly smiled to it. "How beautiful it is", he thought.

It just stay for some minutes on his hand before it flew away.

"Guess I'll just wait her here."

<< Elise's POV >>

When I go home from work, my co-workers noticed I didn't wear my scarf. I just told them I just washed it, but I lied. I probably left it somewhere I forgot.

I was walking to my home, I still think why that guy stayed there for some days. He probably thought she would come back in there, but he gained consciousness inside the hospital.

He really loved that girl, didn't he?

Out of glimpse, I noticed some guy, sitting on a swing of the playground, just like what I saw two weeks ago, except it's not raining. Wait... Is that the same guy, again? So I cross the road to check.

As I now near to the swing, I noticed it's two, that I thought there is just one swing. "Pwede ba akong tumabi sa'yo? (May I sit beside you?)" I ask.

This guy with platinum blonde hair, wearing a black hoodie, and holding a red scarf covered with clear plastic, looks to me, nods. "May gusto lang akong makita. (I just want to see [someone].)" He says.

I nod, sitting beside his swing, and I look to the scarf he holds. "Naalala ko lang yung scarf ko. Ganyan ding kulay. (I just remembered my scarf. [It's the] same color as that.)" I suddenly said.

"Talaga? (Really?)" He looks to me.

I nod, "yun lang ang alaala ko sa parents ko. Kaso naiwala ko. (That's my only memory of my parents. But I just lost it.)" Then I chuckle, "ang burara ko, 'no? (I'm so careless, right?)"

He just looks to me. It feels awkward for me.

"Uhh... Sorry. Aalis nalang ako- (I'll just go-)" I stand up but he stops me, raising his arm to me.