Napakunot agad ng noo ang mang-aawit matapos niyang marinig ang sinabi nito. "Threaten you by kidnapping me? I don't even know you! This is the first time I saw you!"

Luciel remained silent as he continued to stare down at her, as if he was weighing the options of whether or not he should tell you the entirety of the details surrounding the kidnapping. He wasn't sure if he should just simply tell her the truth or leave her in the dark.

"Gusto nila akong dukutin para lang balaan ka? Hindi naman kita kilala! Wala akong koneksyon sa'yo! Bakit ako nadamay?!"

Ilang segundong natahamik si Luciel sapagkat hindi niya alam kung paano sasabihin ang dapat niyang sabihin. Huminga siya nang malalim bago magsalita. "The situation is more complicated than it seems, but yes. They wanted to mess with me by kidnapping you."

"I don't even know you!!!" Yvaine cried, hysteria was evident on her face and tone.

He felt bad.

He felt bad that he didn't realize how he dragged her this close to his dark business in the underworld where criminals just do what they want in the name of money, power, and influence. He wasn't expecting everything like this to happen.

"I know," malumanay niyang usal, nagbabakasakaling mapapakalma niya ang mang-aawit. "But this was not your fault. This isn't your fault. It's mine. The only reason you became the target here was because I..." Bahagyang tumikhim si Luciel bago muling nagsalita. "I happened to be your... your biggest fan."

Natigilan naman si Yvaine sa kanyang narinig.

Oo, nakita nga niya ang lalaking itong dumalo sa concert niya. Nag-selfie pa nga sila at binigyan pa nga siya ng kumot. Pero hindi naman niya lubos maisip na may tagahanga siyang miyembro ng sindikato—hindi lang miyembro, boss pa.

What on Earth...

"Fan kita...? So, pumunta ka lang talaga doon para umattend ng concert ko?"

Tumango naman si Luciel bilang tugon. "Yes. I... I don't want to admit it but, I am. I secretly went to many of your fanmeetings, events, bought your merchandise, your albums, and attended your concerts. I... I even gave you gifts discreetly so I won't alarm you about my identity. I was... I was just silently and secretly supporting you all the way. I didn't ask for anything in return. I am just... just your fan."

"And I got involved with this kidnapping fiasco because you're my fan?"

"Yes," tugon naman ni Luciel kasabay ng kanyang pagtango. "I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention. I didn't think something like this would happen when all I wanted to do was just listen to you sing and watch you perform last night. I... I'm really sorry."

Yvaine couldn't help but sigh as she ran her fingers on her hair. She couldn't internalize the fact that she got involved in this situation because she had a fan who was an actual boss of a mafia.

"It's a complicated situation, but it really was just a wrong place at a wrong time scenario."

Napatingin naman si Yvaine sa kanya, Halata sa mukha ng mang-aawit ang pagkasiphayo sa sitwasyon at pangyayari sa pagitan nilang dalawa. "So, ano na ang gagawin natin ngayon? Hindi ko naman pwedeng sabihin sa manager ko at sa agency ko na nadamay ako sa kung ano'ng alitan sa sindikato ninyo, ano? Manganganib ang career ko at baka isipin nilang sangkot ako sa isang krimen o may ginawa akong masama. Masisira ang image ko. Pero, kung hindi ko naman sasabihin sa kanila, ako naman ang manganganib. Baka nga kinabukasan nalang, namatay nalang ako hindi nila malalaman kung nasaan ang bangkay ko."

Nanatiling tahimik si Luciel habang patuloy siyang nakatitig sa mang-aawit. Walang kahit ano'ng bakas ng tuwa sa kanyang mukha.

He was still keeping his voice at a calm and quiet tone, as he didn't want to cause more chaos or worry if he told her the truth.

"Listen, you don't need to go to anyone else. I'll take care of all that for you. They won't bother you again, and there won't be any more problems, okay? Just trust me."

"I have my upcoming concerts, brand endorsements, my comeback album! My whole career! I can't just abandon it all because of you guys!" Hindi maipinta ang pag-aalala at pagkadismaya sa mukha ni Yvaine. Hindi naman niya ginustong mangyari ang lahat ng ito ngunit bakit siya nadadamay?

Luciel's face was now filled with even more concern upon hearing her responses. It didn't seem like he expected this sudden resistance from her.

He knew that he couldn't force Yvaine to trust him, but he really intended to take care of it all to prevent her from getting involved with the mafia even further.

"Listen to me. I know that all of those things are important to you. But you don't need to abandon any of that. I'm just here to make sure that nothing bad happens to you," aniya.

Pagak na natawa si Yvaine at hindi niya maiwasang maging sarkastiko. "Don't tell me you'll act as my bodyguard because that ain't it." Muli siyang napatingin kay Luciel at kitang-kita niya kung paano ito seryosong nakatingin sa kanya.

"You're kidding. Don't tell me that's what you're thinking..."

"I don't see myself as your bodyguard because that implies a one-sided protection dynamic." Luciel then looked at her the coldness yet the protective stance on his expression was still evident.

"I want to be more like your watchdog."