Don't Wake Me Up, Cause My Thrill Is Gone

I've been through ups and downs. But my mom wanting me to abandon my dreams is the biggest down.

"Riot! You're going to college whether you like it, or not!" My mom yelled at me from the living room to our apartment bedroom. I was annoyed. "You can't control my life anymore, mom. I'm 23 fucking years old. I'm not your baby anymore!" I replied angrily. "Watch that mouth of yours, young lady. That's no way for a woman to talk. And you're going to college, you have so many scholarships, most people would kill for." I rolled my eyes at her, grabbing the car keys. I usually drop her off at work, and take myself to my workplace, so I rushed her to hurry instead of bossing me around, and controlling me.

Once I got to work (In-N-Out), my best friend ran up to me and gave me a hug. Her name was Becky, she had the voice and eyes of an angel. Everyone wanted her. But the thing that no one knew was that she was lesbian. So, I guess I had a chance... (lol!)
"Guess what Riot!!" "What..." I said darkly. "You're so emo. But nm, guess who's coming to do a gig over here?" "I don't know... The Relapse Symphony.... Blood On The Dance Floor...." I said dimly. She punched my left shoulder making me laugh, I knew that was how she showed love. "Pierce The Veil, dummy! They're gonna have a meet and greet too!! I think we should go!" She said yelling into my ears. "THEY ARE?! OMG!!!!!!" I responded, she laughed, knowing that I was my happy self again. "Well, I say we save up Riot, I really wanna meet them and thank them...." She said, as she glanced over to the floor she stood over. "For what?" I asked, she began to cry, "For you still being with me....." She said as she hugged me tightly. She knew what I'd gone through. She'd seen the cuts on my worst days... "Are you gonna tell your mom?" She asked. "I don't really know... I don't think I should...." I whimpered. She stared at me blankly. I guess she didn't know how to respond. I wouldn't either. "Just don't... She can't stop your dreams.... you're not a little kid anymore. You're 20 fucking 3... She can't do that.... just don't...." She responded. She gave me the info.... I freaked out....