Unexpected Circumstances

Start from the beginning

"Certainly the nobles would think of it as ludicrous if you bring it inside the castle, mistress."

You did not respond shortly after, rolling your eyes as you began to observe what had been displayed in front of you. At the current moment, nothing else had piqued your interest until your gaze had gone to the corner of your eye. There had seemed to be a decrease in consumers as you deliberately made your way towards it.

To your surprise, the items that were displayed in front of you were none other than the photographs of the General himself! The quality of the person put into a single photograph was superior in comparison to the photos of him in documented books. However, you could not help but look at the price that was displayed next to it. You thought to yourself, a photograph should not cost such an amount, regardless of who it is.

"Has the mistress taken a liking in purchasing a photograph of the General?" a familiar voice spoke out. Without question, your mind immediately recognises who it is. The voice is exactly identical to the one that cooed towards you with calculated intent.

"No, I was just observing," you replied shortly after.

Miss Tingyun presented herself to you with nothing more than contentment. Her head tilted in piqued interest as her hand held the fan to point the tip of it, lifting your chin up.

"Oh? But these photographs of the General come with a special offer," she said in a gleeful manner, deliberately pulling away her fan before displaying the items in her other hand like a deck of cards. "Certainly it would not hurt a soul in at least one photo."

Your eyes went down, scanning out the different photos of the General. Most of them were similar in form, as it displayed the General to be somewhat inattentive to his surroundings. Such a casual image of his likeness certainly contrasts the mighyy and valiant perception most people have of him.. For a man that had been through countless wars leading up the military to aid his brother, the captured moment of him in peace was certainly a contrast to one's ideal.

"I appreciate the offer but there is no need." You politely declined, shaking your head in response. "However, what brings you to sell these merchandise rather than working in the castle at the moment?"

"No reason," her lips curved upward. "There is nothing wrong in making profit after all."

"I see..."

There was nothing more that needed to be said shortly after, yet Miss Tingyun leaned forward from the table before your lips could open.

"Oh I almost forgot," she sneered in a subtle manner. "I would like to thank you for your cooperation from our meeting."

You could only present yourself with a confounded expression. A meeting that seemingly felt so long ago, yet you had not been given a chance to question her intent.

"Nonetheless, as for my repayment, I have nothing else to ask from you." Miss Tingyun smiled in a playful manner, taking your hand before placing an item in your palm. You could not see what it was specifically, but had an intuitive sense of what it was. Perhaps another personal letter?

Yet before you could even look down, Tingyun had immediately spun you back around towards Blade. Her hands urgently shoved you in a benevolent manner, indicating that it is time for you to enjoy the rest of the night before heading to the castle.

Confused as expected, you only approached Blade before taking a glimpse back at Miss Tingyun. From there, she had only proceeded in making profits in her sales, acquiring money from Jing Yuan's admirers.

"Would the mistress desire to spend some time at other shops?" Blade asked indifferently.

He had only stood there, waiting for your decision. The streets of Xianzhuo Luofu had been surrounded by such load and joyful chatter that anyone would request for Blade to repeat his silent question. He is your bodyguard and a companion, nothing more, nothing less.