Unexpected Circumstances

Start from the beginning

"In that case, mistress." Blade spoke out once more, as his dull eyes observed you. "Wouldn't you possess an ability inherited from your father?"

"No, unfortunately."

"No?" Blade asked.

"I was provided mentors from the past, but it had always been a struggle in my circumstances. It would certainly not be my proudest moment in knowing that I cannot wield any basic skills in that regard."

You did not reply in that moment, only looking out the window to see the view before the carriage had stopped moving. The horses let out a resounding neigh, signalling to the both of you to depart from the carriage. After thinking for a moment, you realised Blade's suggestion of implementing something new to the estate grounds did not seem like a bad idea. However, you will need to discuss it thoroughly with your father if it ever comes to mind.

Blade had stepped out first, opening the carriage door out of duty before stepping aside for you. As expected, his hand had deliberately extended out to offer it towards you.

Of course, you thanked him out of courtesy before stepping out of the carriage. Though, not a single word had been said after, and your attention could only remain on the sight of the city you were now in.

The bustling streets of Xianzhuo Luofo were as delightful as the ones from your memory. People from all over were gathering around every corner and shop, looking for every opportunity to purchase some goods due to their excellent offers. Merchants had travelled for days just to attend the celebration; it was a truly spectacular night. The sounds of joyous laughter and chatter had charmed the streets amongst the residents and visitors. It was splendid, indeed, a change of scenery was certainly a need for you at the current moment.

Lights had filled up the streets at every corner, leaving not a single area untouched with its warmth. The street itself has been well-decorated with their finest materials in honour of Jing Yuan's celebration. In fact, the face of the General himself has been splattered across almost every building.

Your eyes had begun to observe your surroundings, taking note of every single detail and chatter amongst the residents. People had gathered at every corner as some casted a miniscule illusion of the General himself as part of the entertainment. Despite the fact that it was only the usage of basic magic, it was primarily used as entertainment for the current time.

Approaching an unknown booth to allow time to pass by, Blade proceeded to follow you with his guard still remaining. In comparison to the calm lonely hallways of the estate ground, the intense excitement within the Xianzhuo Luofu region seizes any possibility of an unexpecting threat.

The random booth you had approached displayed a few merchandise of the General himself. Each one had perfectly taken every detail of his features, from miniature statues to a few banners with his face printed on it. However, from the corner of your eye, modt of the crowd had gathered towards a specific area of the shop, seemingly competing for a specific item in mind.

"Mistress," Blade spoke out. "You cannot possibly think of purchasing a miniscule statue of the General."

His words were presented in a tone that seemed to underlie his irritation, or rather baffled by the fact you were willing to participate in what the common folk engage in. After all, you only came in to observe and not purchase anything unless it was necessary to do so. Though, it is understandable that the thought of obtaining merchandise from your bodyguard's close companion would certainly be deemed as outlandish in Blade's perspective.

"I was only curious as to why this specific booth is popular in comparison to the rest. If you assumed I was going to purchase impulsively, then you would be incorrect."