Y/n's brows furrowed. She picked up the scroll handed by Hiruzen, the 3rd Hokage, and revealed the scroll's secrets.

The [color] haired girl was silent for a moment before speaking.

"..I suppose the Chunin exams are coming up." Y/n said, refilling the scroll back closed and placing it down on the homage's desk.

"They are." Hiruzen replied. "We are hosting it this year."

Hiruzen clasped his hands together, looking Y/n straight in the eye. His face was growing serious. "Y/n, I would like if you could supervise the exams this year."

"Exams..?" Y/n questioned. "I'm not even a jonin and they're the ones who are only allowed to supervise." Y/n stated, folding her arms and raisin a brow. What was Hiruzen's intention?

"Why not do something different for once?" Hiruzen gave a small smile. "Y'know, instead of drinking all day and partying."

Y/n felt a sweat drop roll down her cheek. 'He knew that?' She thought.

Y/n then fixed her posture, clearing her throat as if she had never head anything.

"Of course, you don't have to agree—"

"I'll do it." The girl responded.

Hiruzen smiled at the girl's response, who only sighed at his happy reaction.

"I'm sure your brother Gaara would be happy to see you."

"Hm.."

Now Y/n found herself rethinking her life choices.

Per usual, she sat at the same bench under a tree as she would any other day. A plastic bag with a few snacks and a cold drink would be next to her on the empty side of the bench. She left the Hokage's office an hour before after a few small talk. She then headed off to the market and bought her usual snacks, hoping to enjoy them before heading home once the sun sets.

But she can't really feel any happiness after she just realized what she agreed to.

The Chunin Exams weren't too bad. She took them when she was younger and passed easily with flying colors. But to supervise them? She had heard that sometimes, Jonin would disguise as teammates and participate in the Chunin Exams with the rookies and others. It would mean keeping tabs on all kinds of people and seeing if they're qualified or not— it sounded like too much work for Y/n.

'Too late now, I already agreed to it.' Y/n thought, grabbing a small plastic box with a few sweets inside from her bag, deciding to snack for a moment. 'Then again, many it doesn't sound as bad.'

Y/n took a single bite of her favorite snack before her mood completely changed from sad to happy. Flowers were basically emitted from her head, soon believing that everything will be okay and there would be no problem at all!

..
.....

.............

?!???!!

It's a big problem!

The next day soon rolled by and Y/n was scheduled to get up at 4am, arrive at 5am at the office arena thing, and then go over procedures and such until 7pm...

Y/n woke up to her alarm smacked down onto the floor. The girl was confused noticed the odd brightness outside her window past her curtains, wondering what time it was.

'Shouldn't it be nighttime?' Y/n questioned in her mind as she itches her head.

Y/n's eyes grew wide.

"Shouldn't it be nighttime?!"

Y/n pushed off her blanket and reached down to her fallen alarm clock, only falling off her bed in the process. No on the floor, the girl flipped up her alarm clock and noticed that it was almost 9am.