Five

Cat and I waited out in front of the school for Phil. She looked happier than she should about him going to my house.

"So, how was chemistry?" Cat asked.

"You really need to stop," I snapped.

"I will not stop until I am successful!" Cat shouted. "What did you guys talk about?"

"I told him about your plan," I mumbled.

"Really?" She gasped, her eyes big. "What'd he say?"

"He didn't really say anything on the subject. He said 'alright cool' I think," I answered, remembering the conversation from earlier.

"So he isn't against it," Cat spoke under her breath. "Excellent, that makes things much easier."

"Cat, seriously, this needs to end," I said angrily.

Phil walked up to us then, smiling his usual smile. "Hey guys."

"Hey, Phil, seen any cute people today?" Cat asked. I had the urge to slap Cat, but didn't, out of fear of what would happen.

"Uh, no. None in particular," Phil answered, his cheeks turning slightly pink. I saw Cat smirk out if the corner of my eye.

"Okay, let's go," I mumbled, walking toward my house.

Cat skips to catch up to me and Phil, humming a song softly. Phil and I stayed silent most of the way. I was lost in my head, thinking of everything one could think of. School, this weekend, random dogs walking by, the occasional existential crisis.

We were almost to my house when Cat finally spoke. "So, Phil, have you ever dated anyone?"

Phil blushed again and I felt myself getting angrier. "I dated a girl in middle school, but I don't think that counts."

"Mm, so you've never dated a boy?" Cat asked curiously.

"No, not yet," he responded, smiling.

"Yet? Do you have your eyes on anyone in particular?" Cat pressed.

"Cat, that's enough," I insisted. Cat poked her lower lip out in a pout, but didn't say anything else. Phil chuckled softly next to me.

"You guys are weird," he mumbled. "A good weird."

"Thanks, Philly," Cat chirped.

"Okay, bye Cat, be gone now," I said when we got to my house. Cat waved the same way she did when she left us at lunch. Phil waved back happily, and followed me inside.

"Well, this is my house," I announced, unsure of what to say.

He looked around, taking everything in. "It's so quaint."

"You sound like a mom," I giggled. He smiled, still looking around. He pointed at a wall.

"Are those of you?" He asked. I looked where he was pointing and saw he was talking about the baby pictures littering the wall. I suddenly felt very self-conscious.

"Yes," I mumbled. He walked forward to get a closer look, and smiled.

"You were so cute!" He exclaimed. "Oh my gosh, your hair is so curly. Why isn't it anymore?"

"It is, I straighten it," I admitted.

"Why?" He turned, his eyes alight with curiosity.

I hesitated for a second. "I just don't like my hair like that. My mom calls it my 'hobbit hair'."

He smiled warmly. "I'm sure it looks great."

I felt my cheeks heat up. I've blushed so much ever since I met Phil. He keeps complimenting me.