Tankhun

I waited for Kinn to come as I squabbled away with this dude who had been picking a fight with me.

All I wanted was a fucking drink but nobody allowed me to. I stood up, wanting to go off. I was loud, eccentric, quirky. Everything a son from a mafia family wouldn't be and maybe shouldn't be.

I often got flake for it and was always mercilessly mocked for it. It was a battle that I knew I would have to fight for life. Plus, with scars from incidents that seemed like it happened a lifetime ago, its been a long time since anyone truly knew me and I guess I also didn't make it easy by giving them an opportunity.

Just then, I heard a low gruff voice. I looked up and was mortified to see Ken. He had already been hurt in trying to rescue me the day before, so why was he here again?!

"Where's Kinn?" I asked lowly.

"He's at home. He sent me instead. What happened?"

"Nothing. Everything is OK. Let's just go. You shouldn't have come. You are already hurt from yesterday, so why are you here?"

"Why do you keep getting yourself into trouble then? Can't you just stop getting yourself into some spot or issue?"

I stared stupefied at Ken.

"Do you really think I deliberately go out  to make trouble?"

Ken looked at me for a long bit before shaking his head yes.

"You just want the attention. Maybe nobody ever told you this, but you always do this. Go out just to have the attention on you. Getting yourself  into all sorts of trouble and having Kinn or Vegas clean it up. As if they don't have enough to do."

I kept quiet, absolutely stunned. Not because Ken was right but because he didn't even bother to find out if I really did it on purpose or if it was just misfortune on my part. He never knew how people treated me and how little anyone protected me. I always had to step up for myself and two. This guy just thinks I did it for the attention? I really liked Ken, thinking he would get me, but I guessed I was wrong. He really didn't like me. I was just a job to him. Nothing more.

I just grabbed my car keys and told him we could leave. I walked towards the entrance, and as we did, all of the guys' cat called and whistled at me. One even screamed, "How much for tonight? You do look yummy. Let me try you."

I sighed as I gritted my teeth and walked out, not wanting to say anything less it escalated into another quarrel, and Ken blamed me for that too.

Once we got to my car, Ken offered to drive. I just nodded and passed the keys to him and climbed into my car. It was an extremely quiet journey. Once we got to the Manor, I thanked him for getting me home, and I walked off.

The next day, I stayed in my room, not wanting to go anywhere. It was normal for me, so nobody bothered to check in. I watched my shows, drank my alcohol and was just moping in my room. That continued for a whole week. By the 3rd day, I had Kinn knocking on my door, but I assured him that I was doing good and chased him away.

Macau and Vegas came by too, but I assured them that I was fine. I was just wrapped up in my shows when I heard a knock again. It was Friday, and I was wondering whom it was this time. I sighed as I opened the door and came face to face with Ken.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes, I am. What do you want, Ken?"

"Nobody has seen you around for a bit. So, I wanted to check in on you."

I looked at Ken for a bit before I asked, "Did Kinn send you? Don't worry, I'm good. Just go about your work. I'm not giving anyone any trouble, and that's all that matters."

Before Ken could say anything else, I just closed the door on him. My heart ached, but maybe it was for the better. On Saturday, Kinn came knocking on my door again and insisted that I had to get ready and go out with them.  I absolutely refused, but Kinn wasn't taking no for an answer. I finally got ready and followed the boys out.

Kinn, Vegas, Macau, and the boys joined us. We went to one of the quieter gay bars so that we wouldn't be bothered. I got a drink and just nursed it quietly at one end of the bar. Just then, this guy came up to me.

He tried to hit on me despite my attempts telling him that I wasn't interested. I tried to ignore him, but he kept trying to solicit my attention. I finally got pissed off and took my drink and was about to go back to Kinn's table when the guy came up and grabbed my hand and tugged at me. I glared at him, but he refused to let go. He leaned in to me.

"Go on. Scream. Yelp. Whine. Like the little bitch you are."

I tugged my hand away and wanted to go off but the mother fucker refused to let me go. He pulled onto my hand and grabbed me close to him. I whimpered lightly as I felt him lean into me. Memories of being sexually assaulted over 13 years ago came to mind, and I was thrown back into that helpless situation again.

I tried to pull away without making too much fuss, but the guy held on and tried to kiss me. Just then, as his lips were about to touch mine, I felt someone pull me away. The guy got punched straight in his face, and I gasped slightly. I looked up to see Ken holding onto me and Big pummelling the guy who had tried to hit on me. Kinn appeared and spoke to that guy who just apologised profusely to me and went away. Kinn asked me if I was OK.

I just nodded, wanting to go home. They offered to cut the night short, but I stopped them. I told them I would be fine and grabbed a pair of car keys and went off.

I had almost reached the car when I heard someone call out. I turned out to see Ken.

"Yes?"

"Let me send you home."

"Did Kinn put you up to it? You don't have to. I'm all good. But if you insist I need a guard, I get Arm to follow me back."

"He didn't. And I told Arm to stay back. I would like to send you home. Please don't say no."

I sighed as I nodded finally. I was about to go to the back when Ken opened the passenger door for me. I looked at him, stunned for a while.

I finally slipped into the seat. Ken go in too and checked if I had my seat belt in and if I was doing OK. I nodded. He took off, the journey settling into a quiet lull.

"Why didn't you call one of us for help? That fucker was clearly trying to get at you."

"It's ok. I'm used to it. Men think it's something I want. Anyways, I didn't want to attract any attention. Thats why I didn't want to come. I worry something like this would happen."

"But you didn't even do anything! It was that guy."

"That's precisely it. I don't do anything."

Ken fell quiet. I just turned my body slightly, towards the window. For some reason, I started tearing. My tears dropped and I couldn't help it. I just wiped them away furiously before Ken saw them.

We reached home and I bolted out of the car. I went towards the garden instead for a walk and to clear my mind. I stood at the pavilion, leaning against the pillar, the moonlight just bathing down on me softly.

I felt some footsteps and turned slightly to see Ken. I sighed as I turned back, muttering "I'm fine. Please just go. Stop hovering around me.."

In response however, I felt Ken's arms go around me. I tried to fight him but he held on tight.

"Let me hold you please. I feel like I have wronged you. I'm sorry for that."

I just shrugged his hands away and pulled away. I turned to look at him.

"It's ok Ken. You aren't the first and you wouldn't be the last. I'm used to this."

And I walked away.