Kinn

I woke up around 7am, turning to my side and surprised to find the bed empty. I thought Big would still be around. What time did he wake up?

I got out of bed gingerly, went to shower, and got dressed. I left my room, careful to cover up my hickeys. I also took 2 painkillers so that I would not feel any pain.

I went to the dining hall and saw the guards as usual stationed at their entry points. I looked around briefly and saw Big chatting with Ken at the entrance.

Big looked up and saw me but didn't say anything, just nodding politely. I kept quiet, taking it in, figuring he was being professional in front of the rest.

I went for my meetings, and the boys accompanied me as usual. Oh my way back, I was riding in the car with Ken and Big. I was seated at the back whilst Ken sat next to me, and Big drove.

Once we reached the Manor, we got out. Ken waited for me, but I told him to go ahead first whilst I asked Big to stay back.

"I know you are at work, but I feel like you have been avoiding me."

Big looked at me but didn't say anything.

"Aren't you going to reply? Refute it, maybe?"

"You aren't wrong. I am avoiding you."

"Why?"

"I shouldn't have..  we shouldn't have. Last night. You are my boss, and I took liberties. I.. I'm sorry. Lines that shouldn't have been crossed were."

"Do you regret it?" I asked, my voice getting lower. I was starting to get pissed.

Big looked at me before just going away without responding. I punched the car in frustration. I went into the house, and he had disappeared. Fine. If he wanted to do this, let it be then.

It shouldn't bother me except that it did. Badly.

I went back to my room and threw myself into work. Around 8 pm, I heard Tankhun asking me if I wanted to join him and the boys for drinking. I declined him, preferring to stay home. He nodded and went off, taking a few guys with him.

I finished my work and decided to head to the garden for a breather. My sling had been taken off earlier in the afternoon, though the doctor had told me to take it easy. If only he knew. I lit up a cigarette and walked around the garden, puffing away. I chanced upon Big at the pavilion just staring out into space. I stopped upon seeing him. He had looked up, hearing my footsteps, and saw me. He instantly stood up and walked towards me.

"Is everything ok, Sir? Do you need anything?"

I just shook my head, citing no. He didn't say a word and just proceeded to walk away. I turned back to look at him, but it was clear he wouldn't give me answers. The night we had spent together - didn't it matter to him? And funnily, it was starting to be as clear as day to me that it mattered a helluva load to me.

I sat down in the seat he had vacated and puffed away. Once done, I stubbed out my cigarette and went back to the house where I saw Big speaking to someone at the door. Upon seeing me, he told the person who turned around to look at me. It was Sun, my boytoy. I just nodded at Sun.

"What are you doing here? I didn't call you over."

"I called your phone, but you didn't answer. So I called the house and Big told me you were at home. So I wanted to come surprise you!"

I looked at Big who just looked away. I knew he had deliberately called Sun to come over. I sighed. I looked at Sun.

"You should go. I'm not in the mood tonight."

"But.. why? You are always in the mood for me."

"Just go Sun. I get Big to drop you off if you need."

Sun got angry and stomped off. I looked at Big.

"Next time, check with me first before letting him know if I'm home."

Big just looked at me and apologised. I just waved it off and walked into the house. If he wanted to behave like an employee, I can behave like a boss too.

Fuck this shit.