"What do you want from me, Ben?" I can't play his game. This is too much. All the memories are rushing in. The feeling of Ben... Just him and how much I loved him... Still love him... It's all there! But I can't forget how much it hurt when he left me. It still hurts to this day. Right here! In my Heart! With you standing here, it still pinches my heart painfully, Ben! Don't do this to me! "Am I part of some game?"

"What?" He looks at me surprised. Pain shoots through his eyes. "No! If ever I play a game, it would only be to get closer to you." His hand glides through my head, pampering me like I am the most precious thing in the world to him. He used to look at me like that. That look haunts me to this day. Oh, how I missed the way he is looking at me right now?! "I will never hurt you." The conviction in his voice...

He takes my hand that's holding his tie and brings it to his lips before placing a lingering kiss on it. My heart is jumping with happiness. His moves so close to me that his lips are inches away from mine. His forehead is gently resting against mine and take in a deep breath closing for eyes for a brief minute, feeling him close. My hand is still holding his tie.

"I will make sure you win that case! I will have those responsible get punished!" His face is serious. But I see something else. It was there for a minute second. Guilt?

"But Papa already has someone else fighting the case. We have other lawyers assigned-"

"I don't care. I am the best lawyer in the city. You know that!" He speaks with such conviction. I nod my head. He is! "My only mission in life is to protect you, My Little Star. Nothing can stop me from that." I open my eyes at his words and meet his.

"Me joining as an intern at your company is your plan right? I know it's not a coincidence." I had my suspicions. There is no point playing behind the curtains now. He moves away, just a bit away. He has a guilty grin on his face. I knew it!

"Yes." He agrees and I shake my head. I should have known! "I couldn't stay away from you any longer." He murmurs. "It was time."

"So you get to decide when to be closer to me and when to keep me away?" I let go of his tie and fold my hands near my chest. It was cute and all, but now I am pissed.

"You are a Princess, Lyls. A literal and actual princess to your father and the country." I frown at his words. I know where he is going with this. "I was a nobody-"

"You are not a nobody and I never treated you less."

"You did'nt-" I cut him off again.

"If you had these thoughts then why did you make me fall for you when you are feeling insecure?" He just stares at me. "Then you just leave me? How is that fair?"

"It's not." His eyes speak how sorry he is. "I was a fool."

"You are!"

"An asshole."

"You are!" I hit his chest. But he is so buff it doesn't even hurt him. He just stares at me. "You got so fat!" I know it's muscle, but I am just being petty. He chuckles. He bends down and kisses my forehead.

"Come to my penthouse tomorrow by 8:00 AM. I have some paper work I want your help with." He commands.

"Are you commanding me?" I fold my hands near my chest as I rise my eyes brow. He shakes his head with that damn charming smile adoring his tempting lips.

"I wish I could, My Little Star. I wish I could." He murmurs the last part as his thumb grazes my lower lip. I feel my body moving closer to his. Stop! Stop! STOP, LAYLA!

"Thank you for the day. Bye!" I push him off and close the door on his face all in less than a few seconds. I press my back against the door. He must be in shock.