09

⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔

<>

<>

There was no PT this morning. They actually decided to give us a break. Today I think was the only day we could reach out to family members. They usually give us certain days throughout every month.

"Wake up." Tristan shook me.

"Why?" I groaned.

"We have mail c'mon!" He smiled.

"Fuck the stupid mail." I groaned.

I put a pillow over my head sleeping for a few more minutes.

"Moore, let's go up! Up!" Micheal ordered.

"My god!" I groaned.

I finally got up and wiped the sleep from my eyes. I brushed my teeth and threw on a white tank and shorts. I yawned making my way outside. Everyone was so excited to read their letters.
Although, I noticed Judy was just not as smiley as everyone else was.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I didn't get anything." She shrugged.

"That's fine letters are just words on paper." I shrugged.

I went to the mailboxes and found 127. Once I did I used my key to open it. I found one singular letter with my name on it. It had Annalise Moore at the top. Yup, that was my mother. I lit up a cigar and opened the letter. I inhailed my stick once I began reading.

˗ˏˋ 💌 'ˎ˗

JULY 11, 2005
ANNALISE MOORE

Dear Joshlynn,

Where do I began? I have re-written this three times and still have found the right words to say.

In every so called society before a woman becomes ruthless, there has been a period of time. Young woman are chosen to extreme hardship and stress before they could be accepted as an adult. Although the situation was created in some instances, it served the same purpose always. It taught them to expand the limits of themselves and get out of their comfort zones. There is no clear step from childhood to adulthood. I wish I could tell you the secret but I would only be filling you with lies.

Women from the beginning have been misunderstood. Freedom is misunderstood. Freedom is operating at your greatest capacity. It is pushing the limits of self doubt or even by outside doubt back. But do not forget it can also be the process of reaching your full potential. Remember it is never finished, it can end in this dimension only with physical death. Freedom is never given by someone else or taken away by someone else.