Veena froze.
She did not know what to do. His dangerous aura scared her to the core. The cold menacing voice cut deep through her soul.

She shakily stood up and a lone tear escaped her eyes. Arjun calmed down instantly. He blinked rapidly and took a step back.
Raking his fingers through his hair he turned around to take a few deep breaths. He hated himself for loosing his cool.

After a long silenced pause, he looked at her.
"I think you are right, it's not fair to keep you bound. We will get the marriage annulled."

She wiped her tears and looked at him with glossy eyes.

"But my condition remains the same. It's either you marry Sahil and sever all ties with Samrat... Or if you find Samrat more important, then drop the idea of marrying Sahil."

Veena found herself speechless.

"I will talk to Dad, tomorrow. He can get the papers ready."

Veena nodded and walked inside the room to the warmer room.

Arjun closed the sliding windows as he too followed her in the main living room.

She looked at him. A part in her was seething in anger. She knew half of the things and the undiscovered truth was taking a toll on her sanity.
Arjun walked inside and came back after another moment with a pair of jacket. He was wearing one himself.

"Wear it. I will drop you to your parents." He said extending the jacket to her.

She nodded and accepted it. She slipped on the jacket and followed him as he walked out, after putting off all the lights.

"Wait here for a moment. I will come back." He whispered.

She sighed and let out a deep breath. She hated herself and him for the situation she was put into. She could trade anything to get out of this marriage and be a free bird again. If Arjun was worried for her marrying Sahil, then it was needless. She had already seen Sahil's true face. There was no way she would go back on the same path.

She was brought out of her thoughts when a sleek black motorbike stopped near her. Arjun was already wearing a helmet and he extended a helmet to her. She eyed the bike suspiciously.

"You want me to go on that?"

"Yeah, it's almost one after midnight, there is no point waiting for a cab. Besides, it will be easy for me to come back." He replied.

She crossed her arms on her chest.
"I am not riding with you. That's too risky."

He pursed his lips, not that she could see it behind the helmet.
"I told you, Veena, I don't kill girls."

She gasped.
"I did not mean that. I mean... This looks dangerous."

"Fine. I will call for a cab. I will just follow the cab on the bike." He suggested.

She thought for a moment and without replying placed the helmet on her head. He took the bag from her and secured it in front of him. She held him by his shoulders as she mounted the bike. He waited for another moment for her to settle down and fired the engine.

"Arjun?" She called before he could take off.

"Yeah?" He asked, slightly turning to look back to see if she had changed her mind.

"I think you should drive to Mathur Residence."

"Why?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"It will be better for both of us."

"Are you sure?" He confirmed and she nodded.

The bike zoomed away the next moment.
Veena subconsciously wrapped her arms around his torso and Arjun stiffened for a brief moment. He thought, he should have given in to her request to take a cab. It did not click his mind that he could have asked the same cab to drive back.