Family Affair

Laila and Worf hugged Alexander before returning to the bridge. Worf put an alarm on the door in case Alexander decided to disobey them and try to leave the quarters. "What about when Deanna comes?" Laila asked.

"She's not a Klingon boy." Worf said. Laila giggled. They walked onto the bridge.

"Everyone settled?" Jean Luc asked.

"Yes. And Alexander likes his new room." Laila said.

"Speaking of Alexander, I think I'm going to introduce myself." Deanna said. Laila smiled.

"I told him that you would be popping in." Laila said. Deanna smiled. She took the turbo lift to their quarters and opened the door. Deanna stepped into the front room.

"Alexander? It's Deanna. I'm a good friend of Laila and Worf." Deanna said. Alexander walked out of the master bedroom, mascara on his eyebrows. "Oh, hello, Alexander. Perhaps we should get you cleaned up. Laila said that she and your father told you that I would be stopping by to have a chat with you." Deanna said. Alexander nodded. Deanna took him to the lavatory and helped him wash the mascara off.

"Are you going to tell Laila and my father?" Alexander asked.

"No, but I think you should stay out of their bedroom when they're not here. Anything that we talk about is just between us. I'm the ship's counselor." Deanna said.

"What are we going to talk about?" Alexander asked.

"Whatever you would like to talk about." Deanna said. "Would you like to talk about moving onto the ship with your father and Laila?" Deanna asked.

"I'm excited. I missed my father. I'm also nervous. I don't want to go to school." Alexander said.

"I think you're going to like school. You're going to meet other children." Deanna said.

"I've never gone to school." Alexander said.

"The teachers know, Laila and Worf talked to them about you." Deanna said.

"What if I don't like it? What if they don't like me?" Alexander asked.

"Why don't you find out first, you might like it." Deanna said. "I'm going to be talking to you soon, alone and with your father and Laila. They should be back soon." Deanna said. Alexander smiled.

"I'm glad we talked. I feel better now." Alexander said. Deanna hugged him.

"Me too. I think you're going to like being on board." Deanna said. She left and Alexander went to clean up the mess he had made in Laila's vanity. He went to his room and put his things away. Alexander ran out of his room when he heard his father and Laila walk into the quarters. Worf picked him up and hugged him.

"Deanna came and we talked. She's really nice." Alexander said.

"I think so." Laila said.

"She and Laila are very good friends." Worf said. "Laila and I are going to relax for a few minutes before we get ready for the party. You can take a bath or a shower." Worf said. Alexander nodded.

"Okay." Alexander said. He went to the bathroom and filled the bathtub with hot water and some of the bubble bath liquid that was on the side of the bathtub. Alexander added cool water after finding it too hot and played in the fragrant bubbles. He dried off and took his clothes back to his room. Alexander got dressed and brushed his hair. He went to ask his father if he looked okay and heard him and Laila making love. Alexander frowned and returned to his room. He heard them leaving their bedroom and heard Laila giggling.

"Everything okay?" Laila asked.

"What were you doing?" Alexander asked. Laila blushed.

"Something that married couples do. We'll discuss it further when you're older." Worf said. Alexander nodded. Worf and Laila went into the bathroom and showered together.