4

"It's been a while," Ryujin said as she sat down. She agreed to meet up with her wife, along with her best friend, Karina. They went to a more secret place, in case Minjeong was wandering around the city.

"It has," Karina replied. She was not that comfortable being with Yeji's wife, given the fact that she's her ex's cousin.

"I'll get straight to the point. There are questions that I may answer, and there are questions that I may not," Ryujin said. "I respect my cousin; I hope you know that."

"O-of course. I'll not even cross the line," Karina replied in a low tone.

"Give her a break, will you?" Yeji sighed. "I'm sorry that she's acting like this. She's acting like a damn strict mother," she snorted.

"It's fine. I understand where she's coming from," Karina replied with a smile. "My questions... they're just really simple. You could answer them from a text message, but Yeji insisted we meet in person."

"Is that so?" Ryujin looked at her wife with those "are you for real?" eyes.

"I just want to ask since she came back," Karina asked.

"A week ago," Ryujin replied.

"I was just surprised to see her here. Given that, she left this place for five years," Karina said.

"It was hard bringing her here, but she gave in," Ryujin replied.

"May I ask why?" Karina asked. There was hope in her voice and in her eyes. The eyes never lie.

"I only asked her to come here to catch up with our friends," Ryujin said. "And to give her some relaxation. She's been working her ass off there in Canada, well, according to the director in the hospital that she works in, who happens to be my friend."

"She's been always like that." Karina smiles, suddenly remembering the memories back then when Minjeong was really a workaholic. "I'm really glad that she's okay."

"Is that what you wanted to talk about?" Ryujin asked. "I expected there'd be more."

"Is she single?"

The question made Ryujin choke on her coffee. Yeji patted her on the back and gave her tissue. "That..." Ryujin cleared her throat. "That is the question that I didn't really expect."

"I apologize," Karina said in her low tone.

"Apparently, she's not." Yeji spoke on behalf of Ryujin, who's still recovering from the incident. "According to Ningning, it appears that Minjeong has a fuck buddy."

It was Karina's turn to choke on her coffee.

"W-what?" Karina drank water, and Yeji gave her some tissue as well. "A what now? A fuck buddy?"

"Yeah, you heard that right." Ryujin chuckled. "I didn't expect her to have someone like that," she said. "Although it's only restricted to that, there are no strings attached and no feelings involved."

"That means she's off-limits?" Karina asked.

"Karina, dear." Yeji chuckled. "Of course she's not," she said. "Like Ryujin said, there are no strings or feelings involved; it means that whatever you're planning, Minjeong is single."

Karina blushed as she silently drank her coffee. "I know that... the both of you have gone through a lot," Ryujin said. "But hopefully this time, to whatever plan you're planning. I hope it succeeds, and there would be no problems anymore."

"Speaking of problems, is that guy still bothering you? The restraining order will lift soon. What are you going to do?" Yeji asked worriedly.

"That's what I'm worried about," Karina sighed. "I...I don't have any proof, of course, that he's bothering me," she said. "And also, money is a problem."