|~ TWENTY- FOUR ~|

Start from the beginning

"Par aapne kyu? Papa toh the na unhonne action kyu nhi liya? Aur aapne yeh sab kiya toh Mr. Roy ne aapko aise kaise chhod diya.." I questioned, and suddenly, his smile faded, and his demeanor changed.

Author

"Ab is sawal ka jawab tumhe kaise doon? Tumhare Papa ne kya kya kiya aur hamare saath kya kya hua.." 

"Please sir, sirf ek baar hamara bharosa karke dekhiye...hum sach bol rahe hai...humne nhi kiya yeh sab..!" Anubhav pleaded.

"Bharosa??" Haseena's father grabbed Anubhav's shirt and retorted, "Kanoon se haath bandhe hain hamare, warna yahi encounter karte tumhara bina kisi case ke..."

"Sir, kar dena agar humne aisa kuch kiya hoga toh...pyaar karte hain hum Haseena se, aisa karna chhodiya soch bhi nahi sakte hum..!" Anubhav implored.

"Tum jaise ameer baap ke beteon ko acche se jante hain hum, toh yeh dialogues baji band karo aur dekho kaise tumhe sadaate hain hum is jail mein.. !" Haseena's father angrily said, pushing him against the lockup's wall.

"Sir, trust me, humne kuch nhi kiya.. hum toh Haseena...Aahhh.." Anubhav groaned as a hard punch landed on his face, making his lip bleed.

"Hamari beti ka naam bhi liya na dobara tumne  toh tumhara baap tumhari haddiyan bhi nahi gin payega.." Haseena's father warned him, his eyes burning with the fire of revenge, which met Anubhav's brown eyes.

"I love Haseena... *smack* I love Haseena..." Anubhav continued to utter, getting slapped and punched by her father with every mention of Haseena's name, until his tongue started trembling, and a constable intervened to rescue him.

"Boliye na, Anubhav, papa ne kuch kyun nahi kiya?" Haseena asked, her words slicing through the tense air, pulling Anubhav back into the present.

He met her gaze, a forced smile masking the turmoil within him, concealing the tears threatening to spill. He knew that if even a single tear escaped, she would sense the depth of his inner turmoil, the secrets he was holding back.

"kiya na, unhonne toh un logon ko jail bheja jinhone paise ke liye tum par hamla kiya tha aur unhi se hume pata chala ki yeh sab Sweety aur hamare bade Papa ka kaam hai..!" He said with a smile.

"Toh yeh sab kaise bach gaye?" She asked suspiciously.

"un attackers ne sara crime apne upar le liya court mein..aur hamare paas proof bhi nhi the inke khilaaf bas isliye bach gaye sab aur baki Roy ke power aur paise ki wajah se..." He answered.

"Accha un logon ne sirf hume marne ki koshish ki thi? Aur kuch toh nhi kiya tha na?" She asked, a sudden fear creeping into her mind, causing her to wonder 'what if,' and the sudden change in his expression indicated that he understood her words but pretended not to.

"Aur kuch?" He asked.

Rape..." Her body shivered, and her tongue trembled as she uttered the word.

"Aisa kuch nhi hua hai..jyada mat socho..!" He scolded gently, pulling her into his embrace.

"Sach mein..?" She asked.

"Hmm..!" He responded, his hand caressing her back as she held onto him tightly and a tear escaped from his eye, trailing down his cheek and landing on her shoulder.

"Anubhav..?!" She broke the embrace, feeling the warmth of his tear against her skin, and looked at him. He was smiling, but his eyes were avoiding hers.

"Aap ro rahe hai?" She said, concern evident in her voice, as she gently held his face in her palms.

"Nhi meri jaan.. Ro nhi rahe bas khush hai ki tum ab hamare paas ho..." He said smilingly.