ch.1 Same old day

Mira played with her cat. He was a small tuxedo cat who she called Kayden. He was chasing a laser pointer, which seemed all too bright to her, but he liked it, and that's all that mattered to her. Kayden padded over to her when they were done playing, purring. They lay on her bed while he kneads on her chest.

The purring seemed to change it got louder and annoying, the kneading turned to pushing, as Kayden's purrs turned to beeps getting louder and LOUDER... and then she fell off her bed.

Mira looked for her cat before sighing and sitting on her bed, remembering her cat had been dead for about 5 months now...

'welp, no more doddling time for work...' she thought, standing up and going to her wardrobe, and grabbing her hoodie, she was a clean-up artist for movies, so she had no dress code. She pulled her hoodie over her PJs, too lazy to change completely. She put on long pink socks with purple polka-dots and a slightly shorter blue sock with a green stripe and shoved on some boots, not bothering to untie and retie the boots.

Mira grabbed a navy blue umbrella and walked out. She nodded a hello to a mother and her child. She scurried to the nearest bus stop looking at her phone for the time: 6:52 am.

...shit she needed to hurry or she might miss the bus it usually came at 6:55 am, but if she was unlucky? It would come early and she might be late!

She was probably overthinking again. Look, see? The bus stop was in sight, and people were their, and no bus. Great.

She hid underneath her umbrella from the pelting rain, allowing the people without umbrellas to stay underneath the over-head-bus-stop-thing. She looked at the crowded bus stop she saw a man pull out a cigarette, and he wore a grey coat that covered what looked to be a black T-shirt, he wore brown loafers.

Brown loafers? Who wore those these days? He glanced at Mira and scooted closer.

"You got a lighter? I seemed to have misplaced mine, ma'am." He said in a low gravelly voice. Mira shook her head apologetically.

"Nah, sorry, but the bus will be coming soon anyway," she said awkwardly, rubbing her head messing up her short-ish brown hair even more. She glanced at her phone again impatiently 6: 56 am.

Mira noticed something in her peripheral vision, where the man was. He wasn't there anymore, probably went to go get a lighter. She then turned back to the road and the bus finally appeared.

She shut her umbrella, shook it off, and paid her ticket and grabbed one of the last seats. She slumped into her seat, yawing from the early time. Her team was on a time crunch for getting the damn fight scene, and the worst part was that they were barely halfway through it... so her team and herself had the honor of coming in two hours early.

She sighed as she looked out the window, she hated the early morning she would rather be in bed right now and sleeping. She watched as the buildings and apartments zoom as the bus sped past them.

After about twenty minutes the bus stopped a few blocks away from her stop and she got off and walked the rest of the way, enjoying the fresh air on the cloudy rainy day.

'Well, time for work...' she thought tiredly and entered the building, not ready for another boring day of work.

---Yo author Poki here I'm on mobile and this is my first book lemme know how I can improve! Thanks you!