𝐗𝐈𝐕 |⭑𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐲⭑.ೃ࿐

Start from the beginning

On Friday, Aurora and Violet attended yet another ball, this time Lord Ashwood was hosting, celebrating his wife's
birth-giving to his firstborn son.
It was quite a party indeed. Lots of gentlemen were seen by her side, a few for a dance property and others for just a harmless chat.

But it wasn’t a single one of the gentlemen she wanted to converse with or even dance with.

Simon, the pain in her arse he was. The blonde girl hadn't heard from him all the past days. Did he not care at all?

He was the main reason for Nigel's attempts after all. Had he not beat him up, maybe wouldn't have pulled that stunt.

The duke was there.
And of course, he tried talking to her.
And of course, he apologized.

And of course, Aurora played hard to get. The task to ignore him wasn't so hard.
Simon was smart enough not to cause a scene and leave her alone. Also, it was obvious she was angry at him.
Rightfully so.

He attempted to resolve with Anthony but was immediately shut off. He thought that the marriage already happened, without a big fuss, secretly. Simon tried passing by her house, however, they didn't accept any visitors. He was lost. Thus he let her be, with a tight chest, but he was partially free from the duty of pretending he told himself. And he would depart soon for his travels so mothers couldn't chase him once again. It was what it was apparently.

At the ball, he was reminded about his invitation to Greenwich on Sunday by Violet. Surely he accepted again. A good opportunity to fix his problem with Aurora. After all, they had to appear with each other in order not to circulate any suspicions.

Right now, sitting comfortably at the yacht's deck chairs, enjoying the breeze passing through her face and hair waving carelessly behind her making a blondie mess, where Aurora and Simon

"If you apologize to me one more time," she said, leaning her head back against her hands, "It is the fifth time counting yesterday... I may have to kill you." Aurora mischievously smirked, using his words against him.

Simon shot her an irritated look from his position in his deck chair. "Pardon me," he said, "if I am polite enough to apologize for my actions. I acted improperly and I admit it. Can you at least give me half credit?"

"I guess... But you shouldn't lose your temper with him. You could have spared a great deal of despair." She told him.

"You should know something about my character then; I will not tolerate a bully. While I'm sorry for the consequences, I do not regret it. Not once a bit." He said truthfully.

"Alright, then you have to know something about me too; I will not have this go wrong. In any way. This arrangement is not just to impress Lady Whistledown or please the Queen or any member of the ton... this is about my life. A life that I must finally take charge of. I cannot afford to do otherwise, I cannot just declare I don't wish to marry, like you."

Simon liked it when she spoke so fiercely, it was attractive, to hear and see her determined.
He smiled slightly in return. "Do not worry, I have understood you well enough since day one."

Aurora groaned, "If only you knew how many times I've heard that." She rolled her eyes.
"I suppose it's my turn to say sorry now is it?"
Turning to look at him, her hair covered her face due to the wind making it hard to see him clearly, she tucked a handful piece behind her ear and used her sun umbrella to shield her from the growing air.