“If you like him, why did you break off the engagement in the first place?”

Ning Yu’s voice suddenly rang out.

“Ah?” Shi Xi came back to her senses and hurriedly waved her hand. “No, no, no. I don’t like Sheng Yan!”

“I was just asking casually. Why are you in such a hurry to refute?” Ning Yu’s usually cold eyes were filled with a hint of a smile. “Are you feeling guilty?”

Shi Xi: “I really don’t like him, that’s why I broke off the engagement.”

‘Moreover, the guilty conscience is because of you!’

‘You guys are the official couple!’

Ning Yu could not figure out these people’s love affairs, so she did not probe further.

When she entered the door, Mother Shi saw that her two daughters had returned. She said happily, “Ning Yu is back as well. Have you eaten?”

Ning Yu stopped in her tracks. “I’ve already eaten.”

Sometimes, when Shi Xi tried to mediate between them, Ning Yu and Mother Shi’s relationship eased up a lot even though they still did not look like mother and daughter.

“Then go take a shower and change into the new pajamas that I bought for you.” Mother Shi smiled and urged, “Xi Xi, go too.”

The whole family had to be neat and tidy.

Ning Yu asked in puzzlement, “New pajamas?”

Shi Xi gave her a determined look. “I left them in your cloakroom.”

Ning Yu was silent.

She knew that after she came back, Mother Shi wanted to make it up to her and bought a lot of clothes.

Ning Yu also thought about going to wear the clothes that Mother Shi bought for her.

But when she entered the cloakroom, she really couldn’t find any clothes that she liked.

Shi Xi’s style was sweet, but hers wasn’t!

~

Chapter 257: What Kind of Life Do I Have

Translator: Dragon Boat Translation
Editor: Dragon Boat Translation

Shi Xi would not reject cute pajamas. She happily took a bath and changed into the green dinosaur pajamas she bought during the day.

Ning Yu took a bath and looked at the rabbit pajamas on the bed. She did a mental workout for half an hour before she put them on.

When she went downstairs, Ning Yu saw Shi Xu when she sat on the sofa. He was wearing the giant panda pajamas.

She instantly regained her balance.

So what if she was wearing rabbit pajamas?

Shi Xu had already become the CEO of the Shi Corporation. Didn’t he still have to obediently wear giant panda pajamas?

Ning Yu looked at the dinosaur knitting a scarf on the sofa and wondered why.

When Shi Xu saw Ning Yu, he thought of something and asked, “Do you like white?”

Ning Yu looked at her rabbit pajamas.

Pure white.

“It’s alright.” Ning Yu’s answer was vague.

“It’s good that you like it.” Shi Xu turned his head and asked Shi XI, “Xi Xi, is your scarf done?”

“Yes, yes, it’s done.” Shi Xi said, “Don’t be in a hurry! I’ll definitely finish it before I leave!”