Chapter IX ''Red comet''

"Give her to me." Valaerya felt tears flowing down her cheeks, tears of happiness. She was still crying when the midwives who had helped her through this birth handed the baby to her. Her daughter. Her beautiful daughter. "Hello... Welcome into the world, little one." she said. For a moment, it was as if all the pain stopped, the hours of pain, screaming and crying didn't count.

"Beautiful and healthy, princess." said the one of the midwives, smiling.

"She will be Visenya." she added, the smile never leaving her face. She didn't think much about the baby's name, Daemon usually started the topic. But she remembered how she and Rhae had talked sometimes about how they wanted a sister named Visenya. Besides, Rhaenyra said that if she had a daughter, that's what she would name her. Unfortunately, fate did not want to give her a girl.

She was so busy with the child that she didn't even notice Daemon entering the room. He sat down next to her on the bed and kissed her forehead.

"How do you feel?" he asked, putting his arm around her lightly and looking at the baby, their baby, that she held in her arms.

"Good, good..." she replied hurriedly, even though she was actually starting to feel tired, which was completely normal after giving birth. She knew she should lie down and rest, but she didn't want to take her eyes off the girl. "You see? This is our daughter, Visenya."

He carefully took the crying baby from her and looked at her with a smile.
He didn't mind the fact that she had already given the girl a name, besides, he liked it. It was already visible that the little one had silver hair and purple eyes.
She slowly calmed down and the midwives took her to clean her.

"I was hoping you'd come." she finally said, pushing herself up on the bed a little and Daemon adjusted the pillows behind her back.

"I heard the news when I was in the Dragonpit." he replied, taking her hand. "Do you think they'd let me in?" he said it in a more joking tone than as if he was actually considering the possibility that he would not be allowed into the chamber during the birth.

"And how would they stop you from coming in?" she replied in the same tone, smiling slightly, even though she was finally starting to feel tired. Maybe the birth wasn't difficult, but either way it was very exhausting and she needed to rest.

She felt Daemon slip something onto her ring finger, and only then did she look down at her hand he was holding. He put on a silver ring with a ruby, with a dragon symbol carved on it.

"Intricate work." she commented on the gift, raising her hand and examining the ring closely.

"I have another one for our daughter, when she gets a little older." he showed her another one, the same as the one now on her finger. At first glance it was obvious that they must have been expensive, mainly due to the image of a dragon on the ruby.

She was happy. She was really very happy at that moment. She gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby girl, became a mother, and her husband became a father. A new chapter in her life was beginning and she was very excited about it.
Although at the same time she was concerned about her father's health, which seemed to be deteriorating. The Maester may have said there was no reason to worry, but she wasn't blind, she saw what was happening.

She would like to go away for some time, leave the Red Keep and the capital in general, but will she feel good anywhere else? Won't she be... a stranger? Daemon had already suggested to her that they could go to the Free Cities, see some of the world, but she rejected this idea because of her pregnancy, she wanted her child to be born here, in King's Landing.

But now... Maybe she deserved a vacation from the capital?

She doesn't know how long she sat there and thought, especially when Daemon hugged her. She quickly drifted off to sleep, a state in which she didn't have to worry about anything, there was only rest.