Director Yan was surprised. “Huh?”

The producer laughed and brought director Yan to the side. “Director Yan, it’s like this…”

The two of them went to the side and whispered something.

Nan Wan chuckled and instructed, “Continue to distribute milk tea.”

The entire set was extremely quiet.

Shi Xi lowered her head and called Han Chuan to ask what had happened.

She had already memorized all her lines. She had been on set for almost a month and had filmed dozens of scenes!

Now, the role’s makeup photos had been released and the promotional film had been released!

But now, she was told that the role had been snatched by someone else?

Her state of mind had collapsed!

When Han Chuan heard the news, he was also extremely shocked. But Han Chuan was indeed an experienced person in the industry. He quickly calmed down and said, “I’ll go and ask around. Don’t be rash.”

Shi Xi looked at the arrogant Nan Wan and took a deep breath. “I’m not rash.”

She just wanted to beat her up!

~

Chapter 242: The Compensation of Two Million, Was It All For Me?

Translator: Dragon Boat Translation
Editor: Dragon Boat Translation

This was like a greenhouse strawberry that had been painstakingly planted for a year. It was about to ripen and could be picked.

In the end, the greenhouse collapsed.

Not a single strawberry could be eaten.

They even lost strawberry seeds and a greenhouse.

Shi Xi’s eyes darkened. Very soon, she received a call from Han Chuan.

“The person behind Nan Wan invested 50 million to change the role of the second female lead,” Han Chuan said seriously, “We invested 20 million back then. Now the production team has agreed to return the money we invested and will pay another two million in compensation.”

Shi Xi asked, “The two million in compensation, is it all for me?”

Han Chuan: “???”

After a moment of silence, Han Chuan said, “The company’s higher-ups are discussing whether to increase the investment to 60 million yuan to protect your role.”

“With this 60 million yuan, we should be able to direct a movie by ourselves, right?” Shi Xi felt a little sorry for the money.

“When you become famous, you’ll be able to earn back the money.” Han Chuan suddenly sighed and said, “I’m just afraid that they won’t look at money.”

Shi Xi didn’t say anything.

Nan Wan was a member of Yanjing’s entertainment industry. The director and producer didn’t want to offend the people behind Nan Wan either.

And Nan Wan had already given these people a lot of face by bringing money into the team this time.

Shi Xi suppressed the unwillingness in her heart and said, “Forget it. If I can get 2 million, I’ll still make a profit.”

“It just so happens that I have to prepare for the stage of [Star Idol] recently. If the scenes here are gone, they’ll be gone.”

“Since the company has the 20 million yuan, they can directly form a team for me and let me play the female lead!”