Special~ Yandere!Light Yagami X Reader

Authors Note: This One-Shot is for:

Thanks for requesting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's special. She's not evil."
No, I'm the one that's evil... I'll probably corrupt her if I touch her- No. No. What I'm doing is right.
Light scribbled feverishly in his notebook, muttering under his breath.
He had decided long ago that'd he never kill (Y/N).
Never, ever. And he wouldn't let anyone else kill her either. She was a dear friend, one that stuck by him.

Name after name was written down in the notebook, along with some gruesome deaths.
"Light? What are you doing?"

Light was shocked, slamming the book closed. "(Y/N)!"
Her head was hovering over his shoulder, a amused look on her face, like he'd been writing embarrassing things in his diary or something.
He slid the notebook into his bag hurriedly, his heart pounding.

Her face went from amused to serious, and her hand touched his shoulder softly.
"My my, you look like you were seconds from death."
Light gave a low shaky laugh, trying to seem cool and composed, trying not to notice her hand.
"You startled me, that's all." He said, trying to maintain a happy carefree attitude.

"Alright..." She said, her voice trailing off. The warmth on his shoulder disappeared as she pulled her hand away.
Something inside of him wished she hadn't.

"Well, then, I just came to tell you that a chess club is advertising, they need members."
Light's eyes turned slightly dark. "Tch, I don't have time for a chess club."

"OK, well if you change your mind, Come tell me. I decided to join." (Y/N) had a slight huff to her voice before she ran off to catch up with a recent friend of hers.
The friend had long blonde hair, and was a champion at games, she'd probably gotten the idea to join from her.

Light watched her leave, feeling for the first time in a while, slightly lonely.

----The Next Day---

"So here's the boards, you'll be other there with Samuru."
"Over there? That one looks too busy to actually play."
"Go on, make some more friends besides me and creepy Light!"
"He's not creepy."
"That's what you think."

Her friend, Akemi, pushed her forwards. (Y/N) stumbled slightly, seeing her go off to some other members. Make a new friend huh?
She sat down across from one, her eyes questionable.
Samuru looked up from his phone, his green eyes had a look of alertness.

"Who are you?" He asked, with a skeptical tone.
(Y/N) sat up alittle bit straighter, fiddling with her tie.
"I am (Y/N) (L/N), it's a pleasure to meet you." She had decided to go with a more polite way to greet him.

The boy set down the phone, picking up one of the chess pieces.
"Have you played before?"
"Yes, I have."
"Are you any good?"
"What kind of question is that!" (Y/N) said suddenly, her eyes narrowed.

"An inquisitive one."
"Smarty pants." She mumbled, looking down.
"What was that?!" He asked, slamming his hands down onto the floor.

"Hey! Samuru! Keep it down over there." His eyes narrowed and he sat back, pulling out a small comb and running it through his hair.
"You better be careful here (Y/N)."
"Why?"
"Because, the head of our club died last night." Samuru said, flicking one of the chess pieces onto the floor.
(Y/N) picked it up, placing it firmly back with a loud click.
"How?"
She'd wondered why her friend had come to class with tears in her eyes and the news of her being the club owner now.
"Got hit by a grocery truck on the way home."
"What?"
"Warn your friend, I'm getting bad vibes from this. Your friend just might be next."

~~~~~~

"(Y/N)! You have a phone call!"
"Alright! I'm coming!"

She laid on her bed, lazily flipping through a text book that Light had scribbled all over. He'd been helping her with her school work, in fact he was supposed to come in an hour, however she had cancled, because she was going to a movie later with Akemi.

(Y/N) made her way down the stairs and picked up the phone, running a hand through her hair.
"Is this (Y/N) (L/N)?"
"Yes?"
"This is Akemi's mother... I believe you were best friends with my daughter."
Were?

"Yes, I am."
"Well, I'm sorry to tell you that..."
She heard the woman sniff, like she was crying.
"I'm sorry to inform you that Akemi will not be able to attend your activity tonight. She's in the hospital."
"W-What?"
"I'm sorry, but I have to make some other phone calls, thank you for being her friend..."
A sob came across the phone before her mother hung up.

(Y/N)'s eyes were wide and the phone fell onto the counter.
"Honey? What was that noise?"

Her breathing came in fast and her hands started shaking.

Tears stung at her eyes as she ignored her mothers voice and grabbed her backpack she had downstairs on the couch.
Why didn't I warn her when Samuru told me! Why didn't I? That girl had died, why didn't I believe him! This is all my fault!
(Y/N) ran out the door, shouting loudly "I'll be back later!"

She needed to go to her only other friend, to tel him!
He'd be shocked, yes, but she didn't need comfort from her mother, she needed comfort from a different person.

Yes, that girl had been a new friend, but she'd been one of her best!
(Y/N) made it to the bus stop. His house was only a few blocks further.
Just a bit more.

Wait.... Samuru?
He was ahead, riding his bicycle.
"Samuru!" (Y/N) called out, waving her hand. However, he didn't hear her and just crossed the street.

In that one moment, a truck came whizzing down the street, slamming into the bicycle.
The metal bent in half and Samuru laid on the street, like a limp doll.

"Samuru!"
Her face was nothing but shock. What was happening? Wait.... this wasn't the work of the mysterious Kira that had been all the rage at school lately was it?
She stopped, seeing the truck ride down the street, not caring if it had just killed someone.
(Y/N) almost didn't want to approach the body, her footsteps loud on the pavement.
Her hand stretched out, ready to flip Samuru towards her.

However, a bright red apple rolled by her, knocking into her foot, making her pause.
"What are you doing here?"

She spun around to see Light Yagami standing beside her, his eyes narrowed.
"What am I doing here? I came to see you, M-My friend died, and now him!" She said loudly, not noticing the angry loom on his face and hugging him tightly. She felt his hand grip her waist and the other rub her back soothingly.

"Shh... Shh... I know.. it's tough."
But what did he know of real loss. He'd never actually experienced it..
"I'm sorry,"
"What? Why are you sorry, you didn't cause it." she said, a slight laugh to her tone even though tears streamed down her cheeks.
Light brushed away a tear with his finger. She looked so beautiful then, with tears clinging to her eyelashes.
"How would you react if I did tell you I did it. If I did it because they were in my way, because they were stealing your attention? If they were being bad influences?" Light gripped her arms tightly and she said nothing.

She was speechless by his words, and she wished with all her heart that he was lying to her.
"N-No.... That's not true! You wouldn't! You couldn't! They were good people!"
"Not Samuru, he steals items from the local gas station nearly every night. Your other friend, Akemi, she frames her brother for every thing she does that's against her parents wishes. They're both bad."

"No they're not! You couldn't!"
"Oh... but I could. I have power. I have strength. And I'll use it to protect the only pure, good person on earth. Your special (Y/N), special to me."
"Stop this!" She yelled, yanking her arms away.
Instead, Light lunged forwards, pressing his lips to hers. (Y/N) was surprised for a moment, Light quickly deepening the kiss.
She gagged, feeling a pill slide down her throat. She felt her arms and legs go numb slightly, making her stumble
"... How could you..."

Darkness enveloped (Y/N)'s vision, making her fall to the ground.

~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) woke up in a large brown bed.
She felt so comfy though, she just turned over, trying to fall back asleep.
Before she realized, that her bed wasn't that big. And it wasn't brown. And that the room she was in... was not her room.

(Y/N) sat bolt upright, er eyes scanning the room. She knew this room, quite well actually.
Her feet slid out and she stumbled to the door. Crud... it was locked.
Why.... why was she here? Why?

A book bag caught her eye. She started ruffling through it before she realized, it was Light's backpack. They were similar, but definitely not the same. (Y/N) found a small paper clip.. Perfect.

Yet, she also found something. The black notebook he'd been writing in the day before yesterday.
(Y/N) opened it hurriedly, sitting down at his desk.
Death Note... what?
No way.. was it some kind of spiritual nonsense with devils?

Rules were listed. She read them quickly, her finger gliding down the page.

The whose name is written in this note shall die.This will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.If the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

There was so many names.... so many ways to die, what in the world was this?
At the end, was her friends names. A few tears came to her eyes once she realized, he'd been the murderer after all.

...Should she do it? should she become a murderer if it meant staying alive and protecting mankind?
Her answer was set for her as she heard footsteps.
(Y/N) grabbed a nearby pen, scribbling down the words:

Light Yaga

The door flew open and the person grabbed the back of the chair, yanking it towards them.
The pen flew to the floor and their other hand grabbed the note.
"I could see you, you know. I have security cameras. I'm lucky I got up here so quickly. I admire your bravery, using a suspicious notebook like this. You might not be a pure as I thought, trying to kill be the second you had a chance to."

The chair spun around to face him.
Light's face loomed above her, tilting her chin up.

Smack

"Get your ugly face away from me." She spat, now quiet angry.
"Oh? Your angry now?"
"Yes! Yes I am! I don;t care if those people died, everyone deserves to live! And make up for their sins! And they don't need a judgmental person to go kill them!"

"They do need me. I am their God. I control the world. I'm your God."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: OMG That was my longest One-Shot, 2,000 words! Yowsa!

Anyway, who wants a part two?

_____________________________________________________________________________

                                            I will make you love me, no matter what