«✮ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 ✮»

Destination

It had just been a few weeks since Y/n and Suna started dating officially, and they had become the hottest couple of the school. "Imagine dating a goddess", "Oh, I so wish I was him", "He's really lucky" these wordings had become normal for them to hear every day. That was just their school life those days. After school were study meets, dates and Volleyball practices. They had just grown too fond of each other. Walking hand in hand, cuddling after getting home, acting all cute around each other. Everything was just perfect. But they sometimes had to cancel dates because up the Spring Tournament. Both of them didn't mind it though cuz they still practiced together. Some more time passed by, they both decided to stop going out on dates till the tournament, instead practiced with their teams as it was just around the corner, it was almost January.

"I know Rin, but you shouldn't be"

"I should, I could've just waited until the nationals were over"

"What you did was good for you, and even me, we've got enough time for dates after the Tournament"

"Maybe, I dunno, but if it's fine with you then I'm good too"

"I'm fine with your every decision, and I'll support you no matter what"

"I know, thanks Hun"

Both the Boys and the Girls team stood lined up facing the coaches. They were going to Tokyo today, and they would reach the stadium the next day at noon. They took a single bus for both the teams. Though the teams shared a common bus, the boys were made to sit in the right lane, whereas the girls took left lane seats.  While Y/n and Suna sat opposite to each other, Akiko and Atsumu sat on the window seats of both traffic lanes. It would be a long journey, so the four of them decided to play ludo together on their mobiles. They played a few rounds and afterwards shared snacks they had brought. Once done with eating, they took naps, as it was around 11 already.

Y/n woke up first next day, and tried to get Akiko to stop snoring, by poking her. Who knew Akiko snored? None. Y/n became the first one to know this. She turned to the boys' side to see Suna looking perfect even while sleeping. On the other hand, Atsumu's drool flowed on his tee shirt. It was the perfect moment to capture. So without even wasting a single second, Y/n took out her phone from her bag and clicked a pic silently. She giggled as she kept looking at the photo she just took. "What're you chuckling bout?"

"Yea, so I couldn't help myself, it was just too funny"

"Tsumu always sleeps with his mouth open, Osamu told me that's why they don't share the same room anymore"

"Lmao, these brothers are smth else"

"You bet."

Rin and Y/n kept chatting until they heard the coach's alarm, after which they put on their eye masks and pretended to sleep until the coach called out to wake everyone up. They were only a few miles away from their destination. All of them looked super excited for it, but of course, they were nervous too. The coach motivated them, how they all had worked hard for this day. 

"Give your best out there!"

"Hai Sensei!"

The bus reached an hour earlier than expected. A hotel was booked for them already. It was Traditional Japanese type one. Everyone put their stuff in the shared rooms and got outside. The teams had enough time to practice and see who their foes were. The stadium was a two-minute walk from the hotel. We all rushed up to the notice board that hung outside the stadium. Onita Girls' Academy. Our opponent for the first match. It would start at 2.30 pm so we could see the boy's match, which would be starting in half an hour.

"Rin, your match is gonna start in 5 minutes n' you're here, having Onigiris, with him?"

"Don't worry babe, I'll just do fine, stop worrying. And Mr. 'Him' has got himself a name." She said, while the other guy, Osamu glared at me before taking another bite of his Onigiri.

"I know, but, how can you not feel stressed right now?"

"Chill hun. Everything is okay"

"NO, IT ISN'T LOOK AT THE TIME!" I said before I grabbed his hand running towards the stadium, of course he also held Samu.

"And we have Inarizaki High School from Hyogo Prefecture" said the announcer, as the Kita opened the door, Suna and Samu lining up at the back.

Thank god we reached on time, he doesn't even care that he could have missed playing the first match of the nationals. I thought to myself, how is he so cool, reserved? My thoughts were interrupted by Fumiko who called me out by my last name before taking me up where the audience sat.

"What were you up to, Y/n?"

"Nothin' much, smth just hit n' I kinda was hooked to think-"

"AND AS MIYAS, THEY MANAGE TO EARN ANOTHER FABULOUS QUICK, WINNING THE SET", shouted the announcer, making us to focus on the game.

"Well, let's not talk about that anymore, I guess"

End of the Chapter