Chapter 1

Note: I'd be lying if I said this book wasn't based off someone. A lot of what I write is real for me and I'm sure there are parts of it that might be real for you too. 

I hope this book helps someone out there, or at least provides you with a laugh, even a smile :)

So without further adieu...

Here's to our firsts, the bitchtits and fuckwits that ruined us - for the better.

Chapter 1

Gringos was a quaint little café that sat alone on the edge of the river, there was a deck down below that hung over the water and two fake trees on either side that turned into a canopy above. The atmosphere was always so joyous and happy at Gringos, even on a day like today when the river had turned a dark murky brown and the sky was dreary and grey – everyone still had smiles on their faces. Laura however, was less than pleased.

The storm had been terrible last night, she was on the phone with a client when she heard a deafening crack and the house turned pitch black. It was going to take weeks for the power company to fix it which meant she couldn't work until then.

But it wasn't just the lack of power she was displeased with; it was the god awful weather that turned everything so colourless and made her so miserable. She was disappointed that Summer was ending soon.

With a huff the girl turns her attention from the mucky brown river and back to her boyfriend Jason. The man had a crease between his big black brows and was looking over the menu thoughtfully even though the two had been there a million times before.

"Why don't you have your usual?" Laura suggests.

"I'm stalling for Bill" the man sighs as he puts the menu away and finally looks up at his girlfriend. It was the first time he'd looked at her all day. They'd had a fight yesterday, about socks of all things. Well – it wasn't just about the socks...

Laura was stressed, work had been rough with everyone preparing for the business deal coming up. Between the toilet seat being up and thick black beard trimmings being left in the sink, the unfolded socks just tipped her over the edge. But seriously, he could fold his damn socks... Needless to say, she still hadn't apologised, hence their quietness.
"Billie will be here soon – she said she'd come." Speak of the devil. A flash of bright orange catches Laura's eye, it must've been the first flash of colour she'd seen all day. She looks towards the stairs and smiles when she sees the redhead walking up to their table.

"Sorry I'm late" Billie says as she plonks herself down on one of the chairs. "Where's Peter?" Laura rolls her eyes.

"Bailed. With his girlfriend" she says flatly as she takes a sip of her prosecco, a drink Billie was sure she didn't like two months ago. She also recalled that she didn't like braids, yet her platinum blonde hair was braided in two, finishing just above her shoulders.

"Oh." It wasn't a mystery that Laura didn't like Peter's girlfriend, she gave him a lot of flak for his choice, but she shared the love equally.
"Did you want anything Bill?" Jason asks, offering her the menu. The girl smiles and shakes her head.

"I'm alright for food thank you; I might get a hot chocolate though." Jason nods and wanders towards the stairs, in his all black outfit, seemingly perfect for his brooding mood.

"How've you been Bill?" Laura asks. How had she been? Billie felt like this was the first time in weeks she actually got to sit down and relax. She'd been working her ass off at the new restaurant, trying to make good first impressions with the other chefs and service staff. It was all going well, besides that one pot of soup she accidentally knocked off the stove... but other than that she loved her new workplace.