Gashes and Glamour

Começar do início

I watched from the cushioned seat as they walked over to the cupboard.

I hadn't seen the dress yet but I wasn't surprised when they pulled out a black sparkly dress.

(This but the split is a little bit lower and the neckline is a bit more high, can't forget she's a prestigious gal

(This but the split is a little bit lower and the neckline is a bit more high, can't forget she's a prestigious gal.)

It was pretty but the black was so boring. I scoffed internally and let them dress me.

I glanced in the mirror. Decent.

It wasn't a secret that every mother out of the sacred 28 wanted their sons to marry me. So I would have to dodge as many proposals as I could.

With some final touches, my pocket watch read, 5:30. The guests would be arriving at 6 and the ball would commence at 6:30.

I left the room with that same, drab feeling of going to another glamorised auction.

The ball room in my manor was breathtaking. High set ceilings with crystal chandeliers glistening in the light. Round tables filled the rooms sides. A giant bar over in one corner, and house elves walking around with trays of entrees and champagne. The floor was a deep black marble, with swirls of silver throughout.

The guests had to wear white. But since this was my 'debut', I was the only one wearing black. Along with my family of course.

No guests were there yet which gave me some time to collect myself.

My mother wore a stunning black gown, with silver droplets running down her body. Her father wore black dress robes, with a long black cane. A snake swirled it's tail around the cane and it's head rested on-top as the grip.

I hated that cane. Too many bruises came from it.

My mother nodded at my dolled appearance. Nowadays she doesn't even say a word to me. Not that I care.

My big brother Donati would be arriving soon. Just as i took a glass of champagne from a house elf, my mother approached me.

"Your brother Delmar will be attending, don't make a fool of our family." She snapped in my face. I wanted more than anything to blast a hex at her unforgiving face.

"Of course mother," I replied, pushing back my impulses. My brother? But I thought he was disowned after he ran away? I thought to myself.

A small timid house elf scurried over to us. "Mistress, Master Donati is here," He chirped out.

"Ah my only successful child," She glared at me as if it would do something. I had been deemed unsuccessful because of my 'hesitance to cruelty.' Which in simpler terms, I wasn't willing to kill.

I glumly followed my mother to the door to meet my snobby sibling.

Standing beside my mother the door sprang open, revealing who was behind. "Hello Donati, how i've missed you," Our mother brang him into a warm hug with a smile. Something I never received, yet, i didn't care.