" Truly, you got the bestest of friends." Azlaan smiled at her.

" Something happened with you too." Mehreen said after a while when Azlaan was relaxed.

" And why do you think so?" Azlaan asked.

" It wasn't just a random nightmare, I have been noticing since our walima." Mehreen said and Azlaan layed their shocked. She knew? She knew and still she kept quite?

" Does anyone know about it?" Mehreen asked making him nod.

" Zeeshan." Azlaan whispered.

" Anyone in this house?" Mehreen asked again.

" Mumma baba just know that I'm mentally disturbed but nothing else." Azlaan said honestly.

" And are you planning to share it with me?" Mehreen asked directly.

" Yes, I want you to know." Azlaan said.

" That's not my answer. Do you want to tell me? Or just want me to know? Farq hai dono me." Mehreen said again.
(Both are different.)

" I want to tell you." Azlaan said again.

" And I'm always here to listen." Mehreen said kissing his eyes.

" It all happened when I went on a school trip. I was in 12." Azlaan started taking a deep breath.

" It was an under-developed village. We went there to learn about different customs, livelihood and cultures. Wahan ke log, reeti-rivaaj everything was soo orthodox. It was 5 days trip, or main dusre din early morning ghar se nikl pda. There was a lake, the most natural place ever!! It was just beautiful. Uss gaon ki pehchaan tha woh. I went there alone." Azlaan was speaking with closed eyes he was seeing everything once again.
(The people, customs-cultures everything was soo orthodox. It was 5 day trip, and I went out of the house early morning on the second day.)
(It was identity of that village.)

While Mehreen continued caressing his head, she was quitely listening him. She was letting him vent out everything.

" Main paani me apne paon daale baithha tha ghanton, phir I realised k mujhe late hogaya hai everyone might be searching for me. Orr jab main uthha toh because of all the mud I slipped, and landed straight in the lake. It was deep and I knew nothing about swimming. I kept thrashing lekin main sirf doobta jaa rha tha, I thought I'll never return. I could see all my 18 years of life flashing infront of my eyes. Trust me maine taubah bhi kr liya tha Orr saare qalme or duayein bhi padh li thin." Azlaan laughed at last.
(I sat there with my legs dipped in the lake for hours, then I realised that I got late everyone might be searching for me. And when I stood up then because of all the mud I slipped and landed straight in the lake. It was deep and I knew nothing about swimming. I kept thrashing but I was just drowning, I thought I'll never return. I could see all my 18 years of life flashing infront of my eyes. Trust me I even repented and recited all the verses I knew.)

Mehreen felt her throat parched, she felt her heart stopping hearing him. What if he had never met her?

" Lekin meri zindagi baaki thi. Abhi toh tumhare saath jeena hai." Azlaan smiled at her making her smile back.
(But I had life left. Now I have to live with you.)

" When I was on the verge of passing out, someone called me. Kisi ladki ne chillaya tha bhai, and I literally assumed her to be Aayla!" Azlaan said and Mehreen could see the change in his voice.
(Some girl yelled brother, and I literally assumed her to be Aayla!)

" Ba-mushqil maine use dekha, she was young barely 13-14!? Woh boht masoom thi, use dekh ke hi lgg rha tha. She was pretty. Usne kaha k woh mujhe bcha legi. Orr maine literally hns diya! Woh nazuk si 13 saal ki ladki mujh 18 saal ke ladke ko kaise hi bchati? Orr woh area boht alg tha, udhr aabadi nhi thi. Pta nhi wo kaise aagyi. Shayad mujhe bachane hi aayi thi, she was my angel Mehreen." Azlaan said and a tiny tear slipped from his eyes disappearing in his thick black hairs.
(Hardly I saw her, she was young barely 13-14!? She was very innocent, you could say just by seeing her.)
(She said that she will save me. And I literally laughed! How could that fragile 13 year old girl could save me an 18 year old boy? And that area was very separate, there was no population. I don't know how she reached there. Maybe she just came to save me, she was my angel Mehreen.)