01 - Thursday, Feb 1st

Start from the beginning

'To think old man Giuseppe handed over his bakery to us, as if we're fit to run a business- let alone the degree we're already failing to get.' Sadie grovelled beneath her breath as Maria dangled the key between her fingers, letting them rest on the palm of her hand when exhaling heavily, running her hand through her hair to brush the mess of her bangs backwards.

'At least our income has been boosted.'

'Not exactly sure if it's worth all the stress just yet.' Maria puffed her cheeks out lightly and threaded the keys through the bottom of her university lanyard to keep a constant hold of it. If there was one particular thing Maria was evidently good at, it was losing things and claiming she had put them 'right there'.

'We can start at the basics. We're strong-ish well... we've got enough- zeal...?' Lana mumbled awkwardly, as if trying and failing to come up with a word which could accurately define their lack of responsibility in other words,

'Zeal?' Sadie lowered the frame of her glasses and peered out over top of them, removing them completely from her eyes to reveal the darker bags beneath her eyes. She rubbed them vigorously with her thumbs and drew breath as Maria slumped back and almost immediately found herself zoning out into nowhere in particular.

'Yeah, we're fucked.' Maria blew breath from her mouth and leaned forward in her seat, chugging down the last swirling morsel of her warm mocha like it was a vodka shot from the town pub, and rose to her feet as if trying to enact a dramatic pause, which she had clearly failed to do to at that moment.

'Alright, let's get this dreaded walk to uni over and done with.'

'Maybe we should drop out-?' Sadie suggested, slumping further in her seat as if refusing to stand as Maria threw her bag up over her right shoulder.

'I don't think there's a number I could count to that could represent how many times I've considered dropping out and moving back home.' Lana pulled her coat over her shoulders and pulled her bag up over her arm, as the trio of heavily sleep-deprived girls continued in their lowly journey towards their campus grounds.

'I think I'm going to die if we do another newsday.' Maria dropped her head backwards and traced her gaze amongst the gathering clouds. A storm was brewing on the edge of their little city at the heart of England, as they continued to tediously drag their legs across the pavement and under the rows of great green pine-trees. The heart of their campus came into view as the stench of freshly brewing construction filled their lungs bitterly with hints of tarmac and carbon dioxide poisoning.

'I don't think I've collected audio in four weeks. I just use the database.' Sadie grovelled, brushing her hair back rather dramatically as it fell out of place while she drew her sunglasses back up over the frame of her eyes.

'I don't think anyone has-' Another voice echoed from just behind, a wide grin plastered upon his face as he ruffled his thick brown locks that sat frayed over his messy brows.

'Congrats on turning up for the first time this semester, Josh-' Maria simpered, as the latter drew a can of chocolate milkshake to his mouth to take another swig to avoid his impeding drowsiness at the dawn of their Thursday afternoon lecture.

'Hey, at least I came, right?' He responded smugly, his eyes low and bright in their swirling brown form. Joshua Lewis was a rather tall individual, with chocolate hair and eyes, a consistent sarcastic grin upon his mouth and the largest attitude of carelessness that the world had to offer. He constantly wore shades of grey and navy blue in forms of comfortable hoodies and jogging bottoms to remain completely and utterly comfortable in every manner, shape, and form.

'Mmh... right- just the bare minimum.' Maria grinned, pursing her lips playfully when pressing her hands together as Josh chortled and drew breath in amusement, not attempting to deny her words.