In that moment, a lump formed in my throat, I gulped and hastily wiped away the tears that streamed down my face.

Clutching my delicate snowflake pendant tightly in my trembling hand, I anxiously chewed on my bottom lip, my mind racing with thoughts.

" My precious babie girl." Mom's warm smile illuminated the room as she gently placed the pendant around my neck.

" You look so cute." She whispered pecking my small nose, her voice filled with love.

" This is a very special pendant for my little princess from her mom. Never, ever take it off, okay? If you ever feel that something is wrong, and you don't feel at ease, just hold onto this pendant and take a deep breath. It will bring you comfort."

Her tender words were accompanied by sweet kisses on my cheeks and forehead. I couldn't contain my joy as she lifted my six-year-old self off the ground and twirled me around, my and her laughter filling the air.

Now, as I opened my tear-filled eyes, I clutched the pendant even tighter.

" Ayezah please! "

Rahil's vulnerable plea reached my ears, and in an instant, I sprang to my feet.

Swallowing hard, I spoke, my voice cracking and shaky.

"Rahil... I'm sorry, but can you please leave me alone? I'm too exhausted and just want to sleep, please." I completed my sentence, my voice trembling.

"Are you okay, Ayezah?" Rahil hurriedly asked, concern evident in his voice.

I nodded, tears streaming down my face, and managed to say, "Yes, yes, I'm fine."

"Please, let me in," he pleaded. The way he sounded so desperate and vulnerable tugged at my heart, causing an ache to form within me.

"Please, Rahil, I really need to be alone. I just want to sleep," I whispered, fighting back the urge to cry.

"But-" he started, only to be interrupted by my me.

"Please," I mumbled, my chin wobbling.

Silence enveloped us, lingering for a few agonizing seconds, and then I heard the sound of footsteps slowly fading away.

I think he's gone.

I slumped down, and rested my head against the closed door, shutting my eyes.

                                — ★

Turning off the shower, I let out a deep sigh and wrapped my freshly bathed self in white fluffy bathrobe.

The morning had arrived, but I hadn't managed to get a wink of sleep.

The night had been so unsettling that a throbbing pain pulsed through my head.

I change into a full-sleeved white cardigan that felt like a warm, woolen t-shirt against my skin. Pairing it with black fitted jeans, I took a moment to lazily tie my hair into a loose ponytail, allowing a few strands to frame my face.

𝐅𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें