The passage of time had done nothing to diminish the enchantment woven into those moments when their special names and shared smiles created a unique bond between them.

"Coryo. Sej. I've been waiting for you guys."

"I know. Coriolanus kept trying to fix his hair because he wanted to impress―"

"Sejanus Plinth!" Coriolanus scolded.

"Anyway, what I was trying to say is that it was his fault we were late." Sejanus finished.

The girl shrugged, "It's okay. You gave me more time to find the friendship bracelet Coryo gave me."

"You lost the bracelet?" He frowned.

"Yeah, I have no idea where it went. I'm sorry. I'll check the cameras later to see if I can see myself misplacing it."

"It's okay. We can always get new ones." Coriolanus offered.

"Of course."

Caroline looked up at him. He had always been taller than her and it was annoying. She always had to look up to him or when he would tease her by putting his hand farther up than she could reach.

As she tilted her head up, she found herself lost in his ocean-blue eyes. They were mesmerizing. It was difficult not to lose yourself in the pools of blue.

"Can you guys stop staring at each other so we can go play outside?" Sejanus sighed.

Both kid's cheeks turned red at his comment. Caroline did a way better job at hiding it than Coriolanus.

For a couple of minutes, they engaged in a lively game of tag outdoors before transitioning to Caroline's trampoline and swingset. The heat of the day prompted occasional retreats indoors, where they indulged in refreshing sips of homemade lemonade, crafted by the diligent housekeepers. The rhythm of their play intertwined with moments of respite, creating a summer day filled with laughter, activity, and the sweet taste of citrus-infused coolness.

In the middle of playing Popcorn on the trampoline, Coriolanus excused himself to use the restroom.

"Well, we can't play Popcorn with two people." Caroline huffed when Coriolanus was out of their vicinity.

"Yes, we can. You go in the middle." Sejanus says.

She crossed her arms, "You're not big enough to Popcorn me well enough. It needs to come from both sides of me so I go higher."

"Whatever." Sejanus rolled his eyes and sat down criss-crossed next to the girl. He gestured for her to join him.

Sitting down, Caroline worked up the courage to ask her friend something she'd been pondering about at night, "Do you think Coriolanus would like someone like me?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I mean―like, Coriolanus is perfect. He's funny, he's smart, he's charming and everyone likes him. But, me? I'm like, a ghost. Nobody notices me."

"We noticed you." Sejanus countered.

"Well, technically, Coryo and I noticed you. And Coriolanus only noticed me because I looked upset."

"True." He agreed.

"But, that's beside the point. I feel like he would like someone like Cecelia, not me. Cecelia's older, and prettier. I'm younger than you guys and I was never as pretty as her." She explained.